Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    So it was wrong for Muslims to invade Christian lands. Thank you. That's all I was after.
    The fact that muslims took palestine from the christians in the 7th century does not justify christian invasions of palestine in the 11th century, idiot.

    Leave a comment:


  • David Floyd
    replied
    So who's is it Garth? Do you award it to the Comanches? Do you award it to the Apaches? This whole 'ancestral homeland' is bull. The reason for these conflicts between these groups is because they disagreed over precisely what constituted ancestral homeland.
    Yet you are ready to award all land currently occupied by Israel to Israel, with no regard for Palestinians. Why is this? More importantly, are you sure religion isn't coloring your politics again?

    Why can't you just acknowledge, as I do, that wrongs were committed by all parties, including the USA? That's all anyone here is trying to point out - I don't think anyone here would dispute the fact that some of the Native Americans were, indeed, savages. This doesn't preclude you from acknowledging that the world is a better place in spite of the wrongs committed in North America from 1492-18xx, as I also acknowledge.

    Leave a comment:


  • OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    You want to know when they brought this up? May 31. The day AFTER my 30th birthday. Great birthday present Mom & Dad. That was the last time I spoke to them, but they were pretty final about their opinion.
    Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I am sorry.

    Often time can heal wounds.

    JM


    Even though I know nothing about your parents, I agree with Jon. It has been less than a month, maybe they'll cool off soon. Still sucks though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Might doesn't make right. It's wrong to invade other people's lands and take things from others. It's moot because everyone who was alive then is dead now, but it was wrong at the time.
    So it was wrong for Muslims to invade Christian lands. Thank you. That's all I was after.

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    But it does give the victor the right to do whatever he wants with the land.

    Might makes right?
    Might doesn't make right. It's wrong to invade other people's lands and take things from others. It's moot because everyone who was alive then is dead now, but it was wrong at the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's not yours to award or divide. It certainly isn't yours to take. The fact that there is a conflict going on somewhere in the world does not give white people the right to decide what to do the land.
    But it does give the victor the right to do whatever he wants with the land.

    Might makes right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Bueller, Bueller?

    Does anyone know who owns the land?

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    So who's is it Garth? Do you award it to the Comanches? Do you award it to the Apaches? This whole 'ancestral homeland' is bull. The reason for these conflicts between these groups is because they disagreed over precisely what constituted ancestral homeland.

    Do you divide it into three pieces?

    What's the answer here Garth? Who owns the land?
    It's not yours to award or divide. It certainly isn't yours to take. The fact that there is a conflict going on somewhere in the world does not give white people the right to decide what to do the land.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I talk to tribe A, they say it belongs to Israel. I talk to tribe B, they say it belongs to Palestine. I guess it's time for the US to give some money to a third party who "owns" the land and slaughter everyone who lives there
    Different situation. We know about that land. We know who used to own the land. The same is not true for land that you've just recently discovered.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Clearly it's the Boy Scouts that own the land.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It sure as hell isn't mine. If I settle on that I'd expect 3 groups to be mad at me then.
    So who's is it Garth? Do you award it to the Comanches? Do you award it to the Apaches? This whole 'ancestral homeland' is bull. The reason for these conflicts between these groups is because they disagreed over precisely what constituted ancestral homeland.

    Do you divide it into three pieces?

    What's the answer here Garth? Who owns the land?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I guess the British were collaborating with the people of India. Brilliant.
    That was their genius. Care to dig the hole further? Muslims and Hindus trusted a British governor more than they trusted each other.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Originally posted by Garth Vader View Post
    It sure as hell isn't mine. If I settle on that I'd expect 3 groups to be mad at me then.
    DING DING DING DING DING DING.

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    I talk to tribe A, they say it belongs to Israel. I talk to tribe B, they say it belongs to Palestine. I guess it's time for the US to give some money to a third party who "owns" the land and slaughter everyone who lives there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Garth Vader
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Fair enough.

    I talk to tribe A, the Comanches. They say it's their land.

    I talk to tribe B, the Apache. They say it's their land.

    I talk to the Mexicans. They say it's their land.

    Who's land is it, rah? Apache, Comanche or Mexican?
    It sure as hell isn't mine. If I settle on that I'd expect 3 groups to be mad at me then.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X