Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MOBIUS
    replied
    I still don't understand why anyone still bothers talking to the *****...

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    It's never a good relevant point. It's usually after someone uses 20 points to totally demolish his argument but one point isn't 100% solid. He'll pick at that one point and ignore the other 19 and say because of it, you're wrong and he's right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Oh. I thought you meant a good, relevant point.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    In this thread, not yet. He's only had just over a 100 posts. Give him another 100 and eventually he'll say something totally out of context like 2+2 = 4 and then crow that no one can dispute it and he must be right about everything else.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    When did he make a good point? Seriously, I'm not just being snarky, I genuinely can't recall such an event.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
    You have moved the goal posts multiple times, and backpedaled quite a bit, and now we're at the point of you arguing with me over the definition of "whitewashing".
    Standard Ben debate. You can expect no less. Eventually he makes one good point and declares victory after being an idiot on the previous 100 points.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Sparring match?

    Here's gribbler and me:


    Here's Ben:

    Leave a comment:


  • Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    I must have missed your posts in the Ben-gribbler-Al B Sure sparring match .

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    You forgot one. Sloww, , on general principles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Please lets not argue with the person who believes the Crusades were justified, the United States didn't conquer Native American lands, and that Israel's claims over its land are ok because, basically, they exterminated the prior inhabitants...

    Saying that, it's hard to pick the interesting posts...

    Plomp - that post involving the conversation you had with the Muslim was just wonderful.

    Ozzy - thanks for the well wishes. I know its early, but its just something that I can feel is not going to change soon.

    Elok - Yay Orthodox mysticism . I think most denominations (if not all) have something to teach us.

    duke o'york - she is . It's why I'm planning to marry her.

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Awesome, somebody here appreciates us!

    I think calling BK a bigot is an oversimplification. While he certainly qualifies, the word implies a blind rage, while the impression his posts give off is one of deliberate, carefully considered ignorance. There are no doubt many facets to his personality, but the part responsible for his most loathed behaviors appears to be a deep submissive streak; he is simply uncomfortable with the idea of thinking and acting on his own behalf, so like some sort of deranged ronin-philosopher he latches onto his ideology for mutual defense. It's only a partly-formed theory of mine, but it would explain his curious detachment from consistency and basic sense, not to mention the lack of shame.

    Now stop arguing with him, all of you. You're just making yourselves look ridiculous.
    He doesn't care about truth. That's why he buys into fairy tales for adults, psychological drugs and disapproval of people who are different from him. It makes him happy. He's some sort of hedonist.

    Leave a comment:


  • duke o' york
    replied
    That's why I didn't read it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
    Only having read the first page, I'd like to ignore everything that has been said since, but to wish Imran all the best with his girlfriend. She must be really something.
    Everything since then will only infuriate you.

    Leave a comment:


  • duke o' york
    replied
    Only having read the first page, I'd like to ignore everything that has been said since, but to wish Imran all the best with his girlfriend. She must be really something.

    Leave a comment:


  • EPW
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Umm, just the opposite. They are arguing that the death penalty was misused wrt to the albigenesians.
    “The death penalty was, indeed, inflicted too freely on the Albigenses, but it must be remembered that the penal code of the time was considerably more rigorous than ours.”
    moral relativism.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X