Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Did you let her know your SO was willing to bring his own chair?

    Leave a comment:


  • Berzerker
    replied
    Originally posted by Asher View Post
    FWIW, I was invited to their house for thanksgiving a couple years back but when I asked if I could bring my partner they told me they didn't have any more chairs.
    sorry, I have my answer to that now Hey, the fact your brother has gotten this far with her daughter shows she aint that irrational. It took the pressure of an impending marriage for her to start cracking

    oops, Rabbit got there already

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Canadians celebrate thanksgiving?

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    If they never broached the topic of religion, it's obviously not as important as they're making it out to be. It often takes the wedding being imminent to bring out the real issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    She knows about me (see the thanksgiving comment). I met her once. Typical Christian lady, intensely polite and passive-aggressive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Berzerker
    replied


    It's not testing their relationship really, as the fiancee is on my brother's side on this.
    but that is the test

    and I suspect Rabbit's right, mom-in-law aint too happy with her daughter's selection (what a surprise). Does she know about you yet?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I have a brother who converted to Catholicism before marriage on the insistence of her parents. The in-laws are now divorced.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    FWIW, I was invited to their house for thanksgiving a couple years back but when I asked if I could bring my partner they told me they didn't have any more chairs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Trust me, this is not about religion. It could have been about the font on the invitations. Sounds like she doesn't like your brother.

    Kudos to your prospective sister-in-law. Tell her to remember who's wedding it is, perhaps remind her mother of that fact, and to stay strong.
    They seemed to have been very fond of him. They were over the moon when my bro and her got engaged (after 2 years of dating) last year. They've just never broached the religion topic til the wedding planning.

    And now it's a mixture of anxiety of losing their daughter to a cross-country move (they're moving to Vancouver, the mom wanted them to work in the small Ontario town she was from...not gonna happen, the brother's in a highly specialized engineering field and has an MEng degree). It's also involving the fact that they perceive my brother to be amoral, I think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiglaf
    replied
    I have this hot guy Christian intern in my office who does everything on time, is unusually polite and is impeccably well dressed. I don't see what your problem is. What you are describing is a problem with women not Christians.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    It would be a good time to tell the joke about the rabbi, priest and the irishman.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    How do you do "individual tables to say grace"?

    Stop proceedings for 1 minute where some tables say grace and the rest (majority?) stare at their tableware?
    Yes. Or talk amongst themselves.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    thats just how some moms are about their kids

    but congrats to your Bro, sounds like he found a good woman (uh oh, whats that biblical saying about the seed falling close to the tree? )

    This is a good test of the strength of their relationship, you know, the vow about thru good times and bad...
    It's not testing their relationship really, as the fiancee is on my brother's side on this. She's just upset the mother is not talking to her right now.

    I haven't even gone into the details about how two-faced she's been about this: when the mother talked to my brother about it, she was all smiles saying "that would be fine". The next day she calls up his fiancee and *****es about it. Jesus ****ing christ.

    The best thing about being gay is when I get hitched, no one's gonna give a damn thing about Jesus. Amen.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Trust me, this is not about religion; it's about control. It could have been about the font on the invitations. Sounds like she doesn't like your brother.

    Kudos to your prospective sister-in-law. Tell her to remember who's wedding it is, perhaps remind her mother of that fact, and to stay strong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    How do you do "individual tables to say grace"?

    Stop proceedings for 1 minute where some tables say grace and the rest (majority?) stare at their tableware?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X