Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Christianity ruins families.
Collapse
X
-
Actually I am in fact tired of every thread remotely related to religion or homosexuality getting jacked by Ban's (I mean Ben, ****, Freudian slip) unbelievable levels of self-deception and retardation.
-
Hey HC, no one's forcing you to read this thread unless you want to continue the discussion of Asher's family or Imran's conversion which were the topics before this prayer thing...Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View PostGribbler I hate to say this to you but the sooner you shut up, the sooner BK ****s off.
And BK will never shut up regardless. He's commanded to spread God's Word.
Leave a comment:
-
Gribbler I hate to say this to you but the sooner you shut up, the sooner BK ****s off.
Leave a comment:
-
Mary must be getting tired of praying by now. Millions of Catholics are asking her to pray every day.
Leave a comment:
-
That's a good question. So, take that to the logical conclusion. Wouldn't that mean that God is aware of us totally? All our thoughts and not just prayer?You said it's his prerogative. Which makes me wonder what the point in intercessory prayer is, because if God is omniscient he know what you want whether you pray or not.
Leave a comment:
-
I told you.... the first God is the Holy Ghost, then the second God is Christ, and the third is God God.Originally posted by gribbler View PostPraying for others makes some sense in Christianity because people are supposed to love one another. But I don't get the whole "God prays to God who tells Mary who then prays to God" thing.
Leave a comment:
-
I know... like Hinduism... the Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva are part of the great Brahman... and there are Avatars, incarnations if you will, of God sent to earth to teach man.Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostHow so? Three persons in one God. There's only one God, Albert.
Leave a comment:
-
Praying for others makes some sense in Christianity because people are supposed to love one another. But I don't get the whole "God prays to God who tells Mary who then prays to God" thing.Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View PostApparently, Ben already answered this point. He said we are COMMANDED to pray.
Leave a comment:
-
Apparently, Ben already answered this point. He said we are COMMANDED to pray.Originally posted by gribbler View PostYou said it's his prerogative. Which makes me wonder what the point in intercessory prayer is, because if God is omniscient he know what you want whether you pray or not.
God is praying to God?
Leave a comment:
-
You said it's his prerogative. Which makes me wonder what the point in intercessory prayer is, because if God is omniscient he know what you want whether you pray or not.Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostAre you God?
God is praying to God?He also prays alongside me and helps me to pray. God is the Father, Son and Holy spirit. With the Spirit proceeding from the love of the Father and the Son.
Leave a comment:
-
I prayed to God and he spoke to me! I couldn't believe it! He said everyone has it all wrong. His holy house is a hut in modern Kinshasha... we are to pray at an alter made of giraffe bones and llama skins and sacrifice the sacred billy goat in his name! God is great! I'm off to spread his Holy Gospel! Isn't God great?Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostAsk Him, and see what he says. God hears all prayers, whether from one man or many.
Leave a comment:
-
How so? Three persons in one God. There's only one God, Albert.No wonder Muslims call Christians polytheists!
Leave a comment:
-
Are you God?So Mary's prayers don't make a difference.
He also prays alongside me and helps me to pray. God is the Father, Son and Holy spirit. With the Spirit proceeding from the love of the Father and the Son.God gives it to God? Are you insane?
Leave a comment:
-
Why does it have to have an advantage? We are told that we are to pray for one another. This is a commandment. This is God wanting us to do something.I am asking you what is the advantage to having others pray in support of your case?
It affects us. We as Christians are to support one another in our trials here on Earth. One of the ways we do so is through prayer.Does it affect God's decision-making at all?
Ask Him, and see what he says. God hears all prayers, whether from one man or many.Is the prayer of a lone man in the wilderness less important than the prayer of a thousand people and Mary and St. Peter and whoever else?
One, I never said that God wasn't influenced by many people. Two, I didn't say that God wouldn't answer prayers said by one person. He hears all prayers. Whether he chooses to answer them is his prerogative, and they will be answered on his schedule. As I said, he is not deterministic.You'll probably say God determines the value of the prayer so what is the purpose of praying for others when God isn't swayed by more people praying?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: