No announcement yet.

Gay workers to get family leave (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Family and Medical Leave Act allows workers to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year to take care of loved ones or themselves
    Say person C in my example who has 5 partners,he could get up to 60 weeks off.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Holy **** you are stupid.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah nowhere in the law is anything of the sort even remotely implied.

This is to say nothing of the fact that you need legitimate reasons to take the time off. If all 5 of your girlfriends are sick at once, you probably have some sort of STD.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

But it says nothing about it being open to more than one. Are you going to then assume that it covers polygamy?
          All it says is partners plural and loved ones, plural. If they don't restrict it, then people are going to form benefit rings.

Christ, you're just trying to find problems with it where they don't exist.
          So I take it you accept that if my premise is true, that it doesn't restrict the number of qualified partners, then you believe this is a bad thing?

This isn't polygamy. All you have to say is that so and so is my 'partner'. Polygamy actually requires marriage.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

How do you not want to wake up and kill yourself every morning, Ben?

Seriously.

Maybe your stupidity is a blessing for you. If you knew how stupid you were, like we all know, I'm sure you'd remedy the situation.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Okay, just mentally replace polygamy with polyamory and use your goddamned brain.

Oh my god no they are not going to form benefit rings. It's questionable whether requiring HOMOSEXUALS time off is actually within the powers enumerated by the law, there is no way any court would say that polygamists (or polyamorists, ****wad) would get those rights.

Comment

Go back to sucking at physics. It's a lot funnier than sucking at law.

Comment

Oh my god no they are not going to form benefit rings.
                  If there's no law against it, what's stopping them from forming benefit rings?

It's questionable whether requiring HOMOSEXUALS time off is actually within the powers enumerated by the law, there is no way any court would say that polygamists (or polyamorists, ****wad) would get those rights.
                  And why wouldn't they? They have documentation to confirm their 'partnerships'. It doesn't appear that documentation is required. Maybe a signed sheet of paper? Gee, I don't think anyone's going to try to scam the system.

Comment

THERE IS A LAW AGAINST IT (specifically there is no law FOR it). The courts will absolutely NOT accept an interpretation of the law so broad it covers a relationship not recognized by any state at any time for anything except as a CRIME.

Comment

Ben strikes again! I knew it was coming...

I suppose this is an attempt to equate homosexual sodomy with the sin of polygamy. Ben is having a Rick Santorum moment.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Does ben even have a job?

Comment

He gets paid hundreds of dollars an hour to write for the Western Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            The most efficient solution is no partnership benefits whatsoever.

What I love is this.

You have employees A B C D

Employee A has a partnership with BCD

Employee B has a partnership with ACD

Employee C has a partnership with ABD

Employee D has a partnership with ABC

So for 4 employees you are paying out 12 employee benefits.

B=(N-1!)*2
                            YES! Ben attempted to use math on the first page.

Sadly there's nothing in the article that says you get 12 weeks for each loved one. It says "up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year to take care of loved ones or themselves". Wrong as usual.

B = N

Comment

I suppose this is an attempt to equate homosexual sodomy with the sin of polygamy. Ben is having a Rick Santorum moment.
                              How is this poly anything?

It seems all you have to do is list someone as your 'partner'.

Dog, cat, they are all loved ones too, no?

Comment

Does ben even have a job?
                                Had tutoring this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X