No announcement yet.

Why it pays to work for Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though-- So your "proof" in a thread supposedly about Obama and working for Obama is a copied article about the general generosity of public service pensions with examples from people in state and municipal roles?
    That's the whole point of the thread. Geez.

Everyone's fixated on the title. I want to get to the meat and potatoes of the topic.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

God, do you know how racist that is?
      Please list all the strikingly similar policies.
      Do you think carter would have left the troops in afghanistan?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When did you dream up this ridiculously wrong statistic?
        Mixed up two numbers. The overall number of taxpayers is about half.

Public employment in Canada is at about 20 percent of the overall total.

Now, can we get back to the topic, please?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

OK, BK is a racist bastard.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Lucky for him there are people here still willing to indulge him.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Civil servants, at least up here, account for about half of the overall employment here in Canada.

That would mean that the average of half the workforce would be twice that of the rest of the workforce. Basically private enterprise has one worker dragging along two public servants.

This is simply unsustainable. Sure, some positions have no equivalent, but the vast majority do have equivalents.

And again, it's up to you to prove that this disparity is for the reason you've cited. You've not done so.
              Shouldn't you first prove the disparity exists. Anecdotally I can accept that public sector pensions are generous. I also had a holy crap moment when I learned what a janitor in a nursing home made or a store clerk working for a Crown corporation. For low level jobs the pay seemed very high compared to the private sector-- But lawyers, geologists, engineers even managers seemed to have lower pay and these folks might look at their "generous" pension as necessary to make their compensation somewhat competitive.

OH and back to Obama---IF you want to talk about the fderal service shouldn't you compare what they get with say an average for the states public services?
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Rah:

Here's another article, among plenty which go over the similaries of Obama and Carter.

Personally, I see Obama as Carter on foreign policy and Wilson on domestic policy. If that's racist, than so be it, but the parallels are there. This is why I chose that avatar.

Comment

Shouldn't you first prove the disparity exists.
                  RTFA.

I would like to discuss this topic, which is why I'd like you to cite an article, anything, defending your position. Ok?

Demanding I cite, cite, cite, cite, cite, while you pull opinions outta your ass is crap.

Comment

Ben your posts are a lot easier to handle when there is no text and just a picture of Jessica Alba.
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

That's the whole point of the thread. Geez.

Everyone's fixated on the title. I want to get to the meat and potatoes of the topic.
                      I call BULLS**T. If you wanted to talk only about generosity of public sector compensation

1. you WOULD have avoided any partisan references to Obama in the thread title when the topic clealy has little or nothing to do with him. and

2. having failed on point one youwould then have admitted "my bad-- I confess it has nothing to do with Obama"-- Yopu have never done this and instead skirted around that with bullsh** evasive squirming
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Keep justifying your racism. I bet if you showed that avatar to any black person they'd want to punch you out regardless of your lame ass defense. I've seen how proudly you use it.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I call BULLS**T. If you wanted to talk only about generosity of public sector compensation
                          Yeah, that's the point of the thread. Deal.

Now cite. Please. You claim that, "if you compare compensation across similar classes, that it would show no discreprency".

Where's the evidence for this position, or is this just yet another BAM?

Comment

What avatar? All I see is Mary.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Keep justifying your racism. I bet if you showed that avatar to any black person they'd want to punch you out regardless of your lame ass defense. I've seen how proudly you use it.
                              The only racist here is you, Rah.

You seem quite comfortable using the n-word.

You seem to me the Harry Reid type. You like Obama because he isn't the stereotypical black person. He makes you feel good about yourself.

So long as you pull the D button you can tell yourself, I'm not a racist.

I've seen what you've said about Alan Keyes, you hate him with a passion. Is he the 'wrong kind of black person?

Comment

RTFA.

I would like to discuss this topic, which is why I'd like you to cite an article, anything, defending your position. Ok?

Demanding I cite, cite, cite, cite, cite, while you pull opinions outta your ass is crap.

I did read TFA-- what positions am I supposed to be defending-- I have merely supplied some anecdotes and hounded you on the unclarity of what YOU are saying.

What is your point BK? That some pensions are very lucrative? Ok -- I don't think anyone ever disputed that. What is your point??

Comment

Working...
                                X