No announcement yet.

Sex abuse scandal. Guess the religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are the one trying to make it so fine... when it totally isn't. This type of reasoning from you just further highlights what a total idiot and bigot you are.
    No, you've explicitly denied that homosexuals can be pedophiles. Somehow magically getting the brand of homosexuality makes you immune from pedophilia.

As usual, you disagree with experts because they don't agree with your stupid and ignorant views.
    Many experts also agree with me here that the DSM changes were politically motivated and are contrary to etiology of mental illness.

Well they did a bad job of doing that in the past, and who knows if they have gotten any better at.
    You might want to examine that before castigating the current pope to resign.

I'd rather they come totally clean on the subject... and give every penny they can to all the victims in an effort to make up for the harm they inflicted.
    Which they have. Somehow I doubt you'd be satisfied until there were no Catholic church whatsoever.

If it was just one or two bishops/priests/who ever, I might agree with you. But this goes beyond that.
    They attempted to keep this secret way too long... and more kids suffered because of it. The Institution is accountable for this.
    Who attempted to keep it secret? You keep slipping back into the passive voice. The bishop kept it secret, therefore the bishop ought and has been replaced.

A response only a true bigot would make... showing once again you really don't have a clue about the totality of the situation. Again, we aren't talking about a "single" event.
    Are you arguing that the situation in Detroit today is not currently impacted by the riots in the 60s?

Yeah... but you sure can judge them by the acts of MANY.
    Again, it's unfair to judge the Church as a whole by the actions of some, just as it would be to blame all black people.

You are catching flak because your opinion is moronic and stupid...
    Look, Ming, if you didn't care, you wouldn't be spending hours and hours debating. Obviously if my opinion were truly moronic you wouldn't bother to refute it.

All the victims... you know, the people we should be caring about in this. What, you want to keep it all a secret still?
    Oh. So the NYT cares about the victims? Why is it waiting 40 years to report on it after the victims have died? Too little, too late, I'm afraid.

Again... the calls are just one part of all the accusations... are you trying to say they are all innocent?
    I don't know what they are. I'm not going to convict someone based on allegations that I don't know if they are true at all.

There are so many complaints it isn't even funny. There is so much smoke that the entire building is burning down.
    Let me ask you a question, Ming. How many people play the lottery every day? If calling in a complaint earned you 100k, how many people do you think would call?

They made this situation, so yes, I can blame them for it. Your discussion about planters is simply funny. The garden was rotten because of their actions... and children suffered for their lack of action.
    Who is they, Ming? The garden is rotten because of the actions 40 years ago. It has to be weeded out and cleared which is happening now, and yet you are blaming the new gardener for the rotton garden.

You know it's funny Ming, you've never acknowledged the gift I gave you and rah. What, are you afraid that it will lower your street cred to be thankful? How did that golf game go anyways? I do hope you thanked guynemer for it too, as it was a gift from all of us.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben, do us a favour and photoshop a "FREE CANDY" sign on to your photo and post it in this thread.
      I'll meet you halfway. I'll put on a Canuck jersey and make an Iggy Power TM sign. Deal?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Why isn't this thread ****ing dead yet? We've now 100% established that Ben's intelligence falls somewhere between sand and rocks.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I'm going to assume that Ben's failure to respond to my post is a result of him being unable to. He can prove me wrong by answering.

It has been firmly established that Ben doesn't have evidence to back up his claim that 90% of the molestations have been perpetrated by homosexuals. The gender of the victims is not sufficient information. Ben's belief that priests who molest boys are in fact out of control homosexuals has been exposed as nothing more than the rambling of an ignorant bigot.

Have a nice day, Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Why isn't this thread ****ing dead yet? We've now 100% established that Ben's intelligence falls somewhere between sand and rocks.
            Not at all. Dodging logic this adroitly is not the work of a truly stupid person. He's just extremely intellectually dishonest, to himself and to others (which is, in my book, far worse). He has decided he is going to have certain opinions regardless of any number of reasonable objections, and approaches all arguments like a chess game; he knows the limitations of his moves, he's just trying to outmaneuver his opponent. If he is ever actually pinned down to a spot where he absolutely cannot wriggle out and the folks he's arguing with refuse to let him draw them off the scent, he treats it as checkmate and walks away. But he'll use the same moves next "game."
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• So the question remains - Why do people indulge him in this?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I've officially put him on my ignore list.

If I can do it, so can everyone else.

Come on people, let's do this. Let him talk into a vacuum before he gets bored and rents a panel van and stocks up on candy at Costco.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  I've officially put him on my ignore list.

Come on people, let's do this. Let him talk into a vacuum before he gets bored and rents a panel van and stocks up on candy at Costco.

It only works if everyone stops. Ignoring someone that others quote at length is pointless.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    I've officially put him on my ignore list.

Okay, I added him.

Comment

• I've added the link to my sig.

Here it is, for everyone's convenience: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/profi...ignore&u=24017
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        No, you've explicitly denied that homosexuals can be pedophiles. Somehow magically getting the brand of homosexuality makes you immune from pedophilia.
                        Excuse me... please post where I say that. I did no such thing. Yet you are indeed claiming that any male that abuses a young boy is a pedophile, which is not even close to being true. So admit it, you lied.

Many experts also agree with me here that the DSM changes were politically motivated and are contrary to etiology of mental illness.
                        More smoke... no facts, just bigot speak.

You might want to examine that before castigating the current pope to resign.
                        He was part of the problem in the past. And NOBODY knows if they are doing it right now.

Which they have. Somehow I doubt you'd be satisfied until there were no Catholic church whatsoever.
                        I would be satisfied when the catholic church starts acting like it should and placing it's flock first instead of itself first.

Who attempted to keep it secret? You keep slipping back into the passive voice. The bishop kept it secret, therefore the bishop ought and has been replaced.
                        It was more than a single bishop you moron. And we dont' know if we have caught all the offenders yet.

Are you arguing that the situation in Detroit today is not currently impacted by the riots in the 60s?
                        Just more smoke and has nothing to do with this discussion... typical BS on your part.

Again, it's unfair to judge the Church as a whole by the actions of some, just as it would be to blame all black people.
                        Black leaders didn't cover up crimes... The Church did.

Look, Ming, if you didn't care, you wouldn't be spending hours and hours debating. Obviously if my opinion were truly moronic you wouldn't bother to refute it.
                        No... it's important that your opinions be shown to be as stupid as they truely are so that people don't think most christians are bigots and morons.

Oh. So the NYT cares about the victims? Why is it waiting 40 years to report on it after the victims have died? Too little, too late, I'm afraid.
                        Cares more than the Catholic church... which acted as a support group for pedophiles.

I don't know what they are. I'm not going to convict someone based on allegations that I don't know if they are true at all.
                        There are enough guilty parties to show how evil the church was.

Let me ask you a question, Ming. How many people play the lottery every day? If calling in a complaint earned you 100k, how many people do you think would call?
                        And again.. this has nothing to do with it. just more BS on your part.

Who is they, Ming? The garden is rotten because of the actions 40 years ago. It has to be weeded out and cleared which is happening now, and yet you are blaming the new gardener for the rotton garden.
                        If the new gardener was one of the old gardener... than yes.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Not at all. Dodging logic this adroitly is not the work of a truly stupid person. He's just extremely intellectually dishonest, to himself and to others (which is, in my book, far worse). He has decided he is going to have certain opinions regardless of any number of reasonable objections, and approaches all arguments like a chess game; he knows the limitations of his moves, he's just trying to outmaneuver his opponent. If he is ever actually pinned down to a spot where he absolutely cannot wriggle out and the folks he's arguing with refuse to let him draw them off the scent, he treats it as checkmate and walks away. But he'll use the same moves next "game."
                          How does the blood taste, elok?

No, this isn't a game. No, I'm not 'intellectually bankrupt' because I hold positions contrary to yours. That statement alone, I don't know what to say Elok. Yes, you hold opinions other then my own. I don't believe you are being intellectually dishonest. I used to believe that liberals were actually interested in debating, my experience with them has shown me to be phenomenally off the mark here. Liberals aren't interested in debate, they are interested in affirmation.

Comment

• I'm going to assume that Ben's failure to respond to my post is a result of him being unable to. He can prove me wrong by answering.
                            I already responded to your post. I regard the sex of the victims as proof enough.

I'm really unsure why people are saying all of a sudden is that homosexuality has nothing to do with same-sex attraction. That position makes no sense to me. It might make sense to you, but it doesn't to me. I thought homosexuality was all about being attracted to those of the same sex.

Comment

• before he gets bored and rents a panel van and stocks up on candy at Costco.
                              Wow, brave sir Asher runs away.

Asher, my family was kind enough to get me a subscription to Apolyton. I ain't going anywheres.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; April 9, 2010, 00:18.

Comment

• You left part of what I said off, Ming, funny that.

You know it's funny Ming, you've never acknowledged the gift I gave you and rah. What, are you afraid that it will lower your street cred to be thankful? How did that golf game go anyways? I do hope you thanked guynemer for it too, as it was a gift from all of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X