Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people have heard that Thomas Jefferson created his own bible by cutting out parts of the r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think religion made lots of sense Elok. When we were ignorant and superstitious it filled a role.
    Well it's a good thing we have you with us then. Glad to have you Wezil.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
      Sounds a lot like what people (Christians) do today on a mental level... at least Jefferson had the balls to actually take action on the thought. I find it funny how a lot of Christians ignore what they want and highlight what they support.
      That is pretty much what everyone (everyone) does at some point in their life.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Well it's a good thing we have you with us then. Glad to have you Wezil.
        Any time I'm on the opposite side of an issue from you (and that is pretty much all the time) I'm a happy camper.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Says who? I agree with you that religion played a role when we are ignorant and superstitious.

Religion >>> Christianity
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
            Sounds a lot like what people (Christians) do today on a mental level... at least Jefferson had the balls to actually take action on the thought. I find it funny how a lot of Christians ignore what they want and highlight what they support.
            Sometimes it isn't even highlighting. People assume things are in the Bible that aren't there, and they don't even have a good reason to believe that that's what the Bible means to say. Then they bring in secular sources to prove their point.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by germanos View Post
              Let's face it: there is no whole thing, it's each his own...

The Bible says otherwise. The problem is that people are attached to their own way of thinking and they don't approach with an open mind.

Comment

Jefferson was such a hypocrit. He even left the verse in his Bible that says take the log out of your own eye before you try to take the spek out of your neighbors eye. The Deists wanted to be free from English taxes but they wanted to own slaves.

Comment

Actually Jefferson was open to abolishing slavery, but he and others dismissed it to appear bipartisan
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Actually Jefferson was open to abolishing slavery, but he and others dismissed it to appear bipartisan
                    You miss the point. They claimed independence on moral grounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X