No announcement yet.

Apple's iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note, let's have a poll. Would you have sex with Steve Jobs in return for a free iPad?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      What?
      I'm pretending to work at work right now, so I don't have time to google the article where I found the info. But IIRC, it said that iPad won't even have a replaceable battery component.

Comment

No, iPods and iPhones never do...the iPad won't either. Even the newer Mac laptops don't have removable batteries.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have an iPod, so I'm well aware that they do not have replaceable batteries. For some reason, I rarely ever think about what would happen if the battery in my iPod dies - I guess because I usually have it plugged in when I use it - whether it's my iPod docking bay, my car, or in a boom box. Although, it does use battery power, when it's plugged in with an auxillary cord in the boombox I have here at work. I wonder how many years of recharging I will have before the battery finally dies?

Comment

When it dies after about 3 years you can send it to Apple for a costly replacement.

but "Oh look teh shiny!!"
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Dead batteries can be replaced. And no, you don't have to send them to Apple. Some people will do it for you, for a small fee. Not sure about the fancy batteries they use in the new Macbooks, though. I don't know if they're widely available or not.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                When it dies after about 3 years you can send it to Apple for a costly replacement.

but "Oh look teh shiny!!"
                How much, though?

Comment

Fixed it.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It turns out that iPad isn't even an original name. Fujistu has already applied a trademark for it in 2003 for a touch device.

Apple should just call it iNewton, so there will be no confusion.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      How much, though?
                      Read post #51. You can buy a battery online and install it yourself. There are how-to's on the web. But its somewhat tricky. The good news is that you can have it installed by someone who lives near you (or send it somewhere) That's what I did with my old iPod Mini. I don't remember how much it was exactly, only that it was a lot cheaper than sending it to Apple.

Here are the Apple prices:

Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your coverage to two years from the date of your iPod purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod. During the plan’s coverage period, Apple will replace the battery if it drops below 50% of its original capacity. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery replacement for $49 (iPod shuffle), $59 (iPod nano and classic), $79 (iPod touch) plus $6.95 shipping, subject to local tax. Apple disposes of your battery in an environmentally friendly manner.
                      Last edited by Nostromo; January 28, 2010, 17:59.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

$499 is for the version without 3g (which is a $150 option???), and 16GB only (ridiculous).
                        hahaha 500 bucks for 16gb HD? 1ghz processor?

quick, what's the first year you can remember laptop with an >16gb hard drive and a > 1ghz processor cost less than $500?

yet, it'll sell millions, just like iPod and iPhone did. i think the production cost of $499 iPad is more like $200 than $400

laptop for suckers with too much $$$

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          No USB port
                          ahahhahaha WHAT? goodbye, easy data transfer. forget about writing something and printing it with your PC later on

holy ****, what a shameless ripoff...

Comment

I don't want to defend it, but it's clear you've no idea what the device is, VJ.

It is not a computer, for starters.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey mine was 2 GHz, and over 100 Gigs of HD space. 500 bucks.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I had higher hopes for the iRack.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X