No announcement yet.

Apple's iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I can see it as a plaything for travellers/rail commuters.
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Can you use a stylus on that thing? Could be useful for taking notes. And while we're on that subject, does it have enough horsepower to run Office apps like OneNote? Does it support PDF?
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

It's a 1GHz ARM processor -- much slower than Netbooks.

It'll support PDF (just as iPhones do). It runs iPhoneOS.

No Stylus.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          One of my friends just tweeted: "This iPod/iPad thing sucks for anyone with a Boston accent."

Comment

No Adobe Flash support, same problem as iPhone/iTouch. How can they claim a best-ever interwebs experience without it?

Seems that it's unlocked, so non-AT&T access is presumably possible. Although the data plans they announced are ATT/no contract.

Seems nice enough, but not a device type I'm interested in. Would be sweet on an airplane.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Doesn't this look like a terrible photoshop job?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The Onion weighs in, short but sweet...

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It looks useless to me. But then again I started a thread saying I thought tablets were useless.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why does Apple keep on making all of this junk?
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

only thing i like is the 29.99 no contract.

but thats quite useless when the device that's being used for is crap.
                      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        No Adobe Flash support, same problem as iPhone/iTouch. How can they claim a best-ever interwebs experience without it?

Seems that it's unlocked, so non-AT&T access is presumably possible. Although the data plans they announced are ATT/no contract.

Seems nice enough, but not a device type I'm interested in. Would be sweet on an airplane.
                        How is it preferable to a real laptop on an airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                          How is it preferable to a real laptop on an airplane?
                          Much less awkward to use. The laptop can be unwieldy to use. Put it on the tray table infront of you and the angle can be weird...if the ******* infront of you reclines it's even worse, and could potentially damage the laptop and they throw it back violently and the laptop gets caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Much less awkward to use. The laptop can be unwieldy to use. Put it on the tray table infront of you and the angle can be weird...if the ******* infront of you reclines it's even worse, and could potentially damage the laptop and they throw it back violently and the laptop gets caught.
                            You're a well paid consultant, don't you fly first class everywhere?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'm not a consultant anymore, and I rarely fly on business these days. The only place I could possibly go is Montreal and people here know of my opinion of Montreal and its inhabitants.

Comment

Yeah, laptops on planes are a pain though. I don't see how this rectifies it as I have to hold the ****er the entire time.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X