Major forum issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major forum issue

notyoueither is driving me ****ing crazy.

And the forum software will not permit me to ignore him. Suggest a fix for this ASAP.

Sorry notyoueither is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
    Potential solutions:
    - Fix the forum code to permit us to ignore the worthless admins
    - Strip notyoueither's admin privs
    - Permaban notyoueither
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Can't do it. That would open up a can of worms.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Or alternatively:

-100% of the forum ignore Asher, thus eliminating the problem.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Can't do it. That would open up a can of worms.
        I don't see why he's an admin in any case? He doesn't even have the title.

If he's going to be an epic dumbass, we should be allowed to ignore him. The alternative is for the admin to keep letting me read his posts and watch me explode with rage every time he posts, a la Ben.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Don't you think I would sometimes like to ignore Imran? Yeah. Sometimes I would. Sluts get on my nerves.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Tsk, tsk, Asher.

You are really pushing the limits of cvnthood.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

100% of the forum ignore Asher, thus eliminating the problem.
              Floyd.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well if you're not a moderator then he should be able to put you on ignore.

Are you a moderator? I've missed all the staff changes which occured because of the Panda/death threats -drama.

Comment

Alternatively, Asher could learn some impulse/anger control, rather than expect the rest of the forum to bend to accommodate...nah, stupid suggestion, never mind.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                    Well if you're not a moderator then he should be able to put you on ignore.

Are you a moderator? I've missed all the staff changes which occured because of the Panda/death threats -drama.

I think it is residual from when I was active in demogames and had some limited moderator powerz to keep team forums tidy.

The point of my statement is his behaviour recently.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Alternatively, Asher could learn some impulse/anger control, rather than expect the rest of the forum to bend to accommodate...nah, stupid suggestion, never mind.
                      I don't think it's too much to ask for common sense. If your system is set up so you can't ignore "admin" or "mods", how about not having dozens of "admins" or "mods" that don't do a damn thing with their privs except immunity from being ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                        I think it is residual from when I was active in demogames and had some limited moderator powerz to keep team forums tidy.

The point of my statement is his behaviour recently.
                        I've repeatedly schooled you on every subject matter we've discussed, from PC hardware to economics and big oil.

I'm starting to lose patience with you because you don't seem to be interested in learning. All you do is try to move the goalposts (whether it's defining "premium brands " that sell laptops for $600 or whether it's talking about oil royalties and pretending we're talking about overall government taxation). It's insulting, aggravating, and pointless. It's why you deserve to be on the ignore list.

Comment

Often all you do is spout bull**** in volume, and expect to be the last man standing.

The discussion in the CanPol thread is a good example of this. You just make **** up, pass it off as fact, and scream and get profane when your bull**** is pointed out.

You were being silly. You are being silly. Stop being silly.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

You are dishonest. You misrepresent people's words quoting out of context, and then claim they are being dishonest. It has become a favoured tactic for you.

Any schooling to be done would involve you getting back on the short bus, learning how to behave, and discussing facts rather than the bull**** that you make up for facts and the positions of others.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Please let me ignore him already.

It's the lies that get to me most, I think. Same thing with Ben.

Cannot stand it. Drives me ****ing crazy.

Anyone is more than welcome to read the CanPol thread and call you out on your ****. It was hilarious for a while before it became pathetic and finally became aggravating.

Within a span of a dozen posts you went from 'The oil companies' claims that increased royalties would deter investments are bull****" to "I never claimed increased royalties would not deter investments". You made wild claims like "Alberta has the lowest royalties in the world" and when confronted on it, instead of admitting you were wrong and misleading people (dishonest?), you then tried to move the goalposts and talk about how Alberta has "one of the lowest percentages of total government take (taxes) in the world".

Unreal, it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X