No announcement yet.

Top 10 Anti-Christian Acts of 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of what I take that to mean is that you (and all others) were part of His plan.
    You might know that you're going to build a fence, and then you do. He builds people and other stuff.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      He means us. It's a radical verse.
      It is radical if he means he knew us before we were us. Does that mean God knew Adam and Eve would eat the apple so to speak? No, they weren't in the womb, supposedly. Verses like that are ambiguous, hardly the foundation for a law to be imposed on billions of people.

What does it take?
      A fertilized egg, a successful trip inside the woman, and 9 months of developing. At least thats what our Jesus blessed laws say You gotta be born to be a person according to the Constitution.

Where were these communities? Berz, I'm being 100 percent honest. Christians have always had priests, bishops and deacons. Right from the start. Acts is very early in the process, and they testify that the reason the church grew and christianity spread, is because they had this structure.
      The communities were all over lower asia minor and the levant. The early church was rather weak and Paul didn't arrive on the scene till later. There were plenty of people who became Christian before there were any bishops or deacons or priests, these were witnesses to Jesus' teachings.

Comment

• According to the Constitution is your interpretation.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• the word 'born' is in it, not conceived. I cant change that no matter how I feel on the issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            A fertilized egg, a successful trip inside the woman, and 9 months of developing. At least thats what our Jesus blessed laws say
            I may be nitpicking, but I'm not sure that they knew that back then - IIRC, then women wasn't involved in the process except being pregnant.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• It is radical if he means he knew us before we were us.
              That's not what he says. He says that we were who we are before we were formed in the womb. This is radical.

Does that mean God knew Adam and Eve would eat the apple so to speak?
              I'd argue he did, but for different reasons. Think of it like a choose your own adventure. You can see all the possibilities.

No, they weren't in the womb, supposedly. Verses like that are ambiguous, hardly the foundation for a law to be imposed on billions of people.
              Then what ought to be the foundation of law, Berz?

A fertilized egg, a successful trip inside the woman, and 9 months of developing. At least thats what our Jesus blessed laws say You gotta be born to be a person according to the Constitution.
              The constitution once said that to be a legal person you had to have a penis. You had to have white skin. How is this any different?

The communities were all over lower asia minor and the levant. The early church was rather weak and Paul didn't arrive on the scene till later. There were plenty of people who became Christian before there were any bishops or deacons or priests, these were witnesses to Jesus' teachings.
              You mean, the Apostles? That's not what we see in Acts. They themselves were leaders of the church and they appointed deacons, priests and bishops.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                I may be nitpicking, but I'm not sure that they knew that back then - IIRC, then women wasn't involved in the process except being pregnant.
                They may not have known about the egg and its ordeal but they knew about conception and the following 9 month pregnancy.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                That's not what he says. He says that we were who we are before we were formed in the womb. This is radical.
                I dont see any proof of it, he's been mis-reading people since Adam and Eve. What did God know? That sounds like one of those ambiguous mysticisms.

I'd argue he did, but for different reasons. Think of it like a choose your own adventure. You can see all the possibilities.
                But thats free will, and free will is beyond God's ability to know. Seeing several possibilities aint the same as knowing which one will become reality. And if you're saying God knew Adam and Eve would violate his rule, then God is not worthy of the title. That was our downfall, so to speak. Our fall from grace resulted from a God who intentionally placed the bar just out of our reach.

Then what ought to be the foundation of law, Berz?
                Universal morality, or morality defined by ~universal ideas or sentiments

The constitution once said that to be a legal person you had to have a penis. You had to have white skin. How is this any different?
                And now it doesn't

You mean, the Apostles? That's not what we see in Acts. They themselves were leaders of the church and they appointed deacons, priests and bishops.
                No, I dont mean the Church. I mean the thousands and thousands of people who adopted more or less Jesus' teachings. You acts as if the only Christians were hanging around with Jesus.

Comment

• Berzerker is right. It's true that there was some structure within some of the followers, but there were a whole lot of Christians that just believed in Christ and didn't accept any authority other that Christ himself.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Yes, the argument is that it's no different than slavery, denying the personhood of the unborn is no different then denying the personhood of the slaves.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Pregnant women get +3/5 of a vote per unit?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No the pregnant woman counts for 3/5 of a vote, because she's a slave

Comment

• This thread looks so 2009...
                          Blah

Comment

• We had people then...

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Robocon was the moral anchor of our time.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X