Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"All I'm saying is that God isn't against authority"
    -Ben

You couldn't possibly have read the Gospel.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      Social conservatives had Jesus killed 2000 years ago...

Comment

You couldn't possibly have read the Gospel.
        I read all of it and not just the parts I like.

I don't see how you can interpret his statement to Pilate that the power he was granted was under the oversight of God. Christian anarchy is unbiblical.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Who said anything about siding with the Plessey court?
          They were the ones who offered this opinion up in "Civil rights". There was zero precedent before them, and so by extolling this precedent you are siding with the Plessey court.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            They were the ones who offered this opinion up in "Civil rights". There was zero precedent before them, and so by extolling this precedent you are siding with the Plessey court.

No. I am siding with the Warren, Burger, and Rehnquist courts. You'll note that these were concurrent with and subsequent to the success of the civil rights movement.

Since you're obviously ****ing blind as a bat:

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
            Who said anything about siding with the Plessey court? That was overruled by Brown. I'm siding with the Cruikshank, Harris, Civil Rights Cases, Hodges, Powell, Newton, Price, Guest, Williams I, United Broth. of Carpenters and Joiners of America, and Morrison courts, several of which post-date the Plessey court by roughly a century and the Brown court by decades.

FFS, the above-cited Guest reaffirmance of Cruikshank was during the Warren court to which you refer.

Can you not even read?
            Who said anything about siding with the Plessey court? That was overruled by Brown. I'm siding with the Cruikshank, Harris, Civil Rights Cases, Hodges, Powell, Newton, Price, Guest, Williams I, United Broth. of Carpenters and Joiners of America, and Morrison courts, several of which post-date the Plessey court by roughly a century and the Brown court by decades.

FFS, the above-cited Guest reaffirmance of Cruikshank was during the Warren court to which you refer.

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Can you not even read?

Welcome to ignore.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Two pages of arguing with a guy who openly admits he thinks Obama is a Kenyan Muslim.

Even if you didn't know Ben, that right there should be enough to warn you off. And of course you know Ben.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I just find it amusing that Ben admonishes someone else about ignoring the parts of the Bible they don't like, while in the same thread Darius proves that he's doing that exact thing with regards to the Constitution and SCOTUS case precedents.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                  Two pages of arguing with a guy who openly admits he thinks Obama is a Kenyan Muslim.

Even if you didn't know Ben, that right there should be enough to warn you off. And of course you know Ben.

-Arrian

Of course, but sometimes I get this itch that maybe using a gigantic sledgehammer when he's as wrong as possible just might squash him, but this guy's ability to weasel around the obvious makes Mr. Fantastic look like The Thing by comparison. I couldn't even do it that well on purpose. It's truly such a marvelous sight to see that I can't resist.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      I read all of it and not just the parts I like.

I don't see how you can interpret his statement to Pilate that the power he was granted was under the oversight of God. Christian anarchy is unbiblical.
                      Being opposed to authority isn't anarchy. It's just smart. Religion requires continual reformation.

Sure Christ stated that God granted Pilate authority over him. That doesn't change the fact that Christ defied that authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        Being opposed to authority isn't anarchy. It's just smart. Religion requires continual reformation.

Sure Christ stated that God granted Pilate authority over him. That doesn't change the fact that Christ defied that authority.
                        When did He defy it? He submitted tamely to the guards, made no attempt whatever to flee or escape. Barely even defended Himself against the accusations.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Edit, elok already smacked that down.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            When did He defy it? He submitted tamely to the guards, made no attempt whatever to flee or escape. Barely even defended Himself against the accusations.
                            Christ was sentenced to death. But he came back to life in direct violation of the law.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

After doing a little research, it seems of the original post's list of ten, all of them are bull****/exaggerated except maybe No. 8. Even there, it was not portrayed as a deliberate act, but rather an accident that set up the humorous situation of someone else later thinking the painting was crying and it was a miracle. Claiming it as an act of persecution against the Christian majority is pretty stupid.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                                After doing a little research, it seems of the original post's list of ten, all of them are bull****/exaggerated except maybe No. 8. Even there, it was not portrayed as a deliberate act, but rather an accident that set up the humorous situation of someone else later thinking the painting was crying and it was a miracle. Claiming it as an act of persecution against the Christian majority is pretty stupid.
                                Psst: The OP is a DL troll.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X