Would You Quit Over This? (work advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onodera View Post
    I don't care about GDP per capita, I care about GDP per onodera.
    Gross Dick Principle per ondera == 1.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So then you admit that climate change is real?!
      Yes, I'm a firm believer in business cycles.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        No, you care about GNI per onodera

And that's another dick-measuring competition you're going to lose...
        It's on, KH. What's your share of the American GNI (let's use 2008 figures)?
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I wonder how you measure that?

In 2008 I worked for Lehman Brothers facilitating billions of dollars worth of trades...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
            Never quit without a backup. At least they want you to take the other position and aren't trying to stop you. I would tell the hiring manager of the other position and let them fight it out. All the while, be nice and ask your current manager what you could do to fill the position. Is there someone they had in mind? Can you get a job posting out for them, etc? Also, explain you are leaving for more exposure, not to piss them off. Kill 'em with kindness.
            I did let the hiring manager know that problems have arisen. He did try to work it through
            his superiors, who supposedly contacted my superiors, so far to no avail. My guys are not
            budging. The two sectors aren't on good terms. Tomorrow was supposed to be my last day
            on this position. It can still be my last day only if I take the drastic measure of canceling
            the contract I have, leave the bank, and become unemployed.

I'm taking the people I worked with to a farewell lunch at noon. After that I'm probably
            going to quit.

By the way, this behavior by my superiors is very damaging for the bank. I am rather
            expensive (for Croatia) and that is because my skills are rare. If you hired a genius it
            would still take two years to train him to my level of familiarity with the bank's systems
            and business procedures. I'm an asset for the bank and it's in the interest of the bank to
            keep me in whatever position they can. This infighting between organizational units is
            really not bright.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              I don't care about GDP per capita, I care about GDP per onodera.

Comment

Good luck, I hope you don't pay the price if you misjudging the situation.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good luck with your decision, Vet, and enjoy the moment of sticking it to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X