No announcement yet.

Swiss vote on referendum to ban new minarets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ben, can you give me a link to that crappy website you made? I could use a good laugh.

Comment

Christians shouldn't be allowed to build churches until Ben stops being a lying bigot.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Hey Ben, can you give me a link to that crappy website you made? I could use a good laugh.
        I've never made a website. Sorry.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Also, It should be noted that fundamentalist Sikhs and Hindus are known to indulge in honor killings.
          Indeed point well taken.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
            Also, It should be noted that fundamentalist Sikhs and Hindus are known to indulge in honor killings.

Mormons too.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Aaaaaaaand a quick Google reveals cases among Coptic Christians too.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                Pretty much everybody but Buddhists need to be deported from every country.
                Buddhists are terrorists or something in Tibet.
                Blah

Comment

Buddhists should not be allowed to build temples until such time as they publicly disown Blake and his child-eating ways. Maybe AAHZ too, though I'm not sure he actually understands the religion.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo View Post
                    Christians shouldn't be allowed to build churches until Ben stops being a lying bigot.
                    Poor Christians will never be able to build churches until Ben dies
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So it's bigotry to insist that Muslims should abide by western standards of justice and religious freedoms?

Comment

That's not what you're insisting. You're insisting that muslims in Europe be punished for the actions of muslims in the middle-east.

"Blah blah honor killings!" I'm pretty sure that muslims in Europe are prosecuted for honor killings, so this is a logical fallacy (I can't remember the name of the fallacy offhand, let's just go with "****ing retarded argument").
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

After reading the threadi again, I understand now better. We can just promote western standards of justice and religious freedom by limiting freedom of religion

Plus if the situation is bad for Christians/whatever in Saudi Arabia/whatever it will suddenly improve if you ban minarets in Switzerland
                          Blah

Comment

Have they banned the darkies yet or is this a two step process?

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              From your Time article.
                              So if one Arab country is an oppressive regime that ****s on other religions, then it's OK for another country to single out the religious faith of that country for persecution within its own borders. Gotcha.

The verb 'build' presumes that the churches in question do not predate Islam.
                              You're so dishonest. You asked if Arab countries allowed Christians to build churches, and I provided several examples, many of which were recently-built structures. The Aswan Cathedral was built in 1968, the Qatar church even more recently. Lebanon is full of newer churches, given its large Christian population. You also asked if Arab countries allowed Christians to worship publicly, and ALL of the links are examples of countries that do, whether it's in new or old churches.

Of course, why you're singling out Arab countries I'm not sure, since not all Muslim are Arabs by any stretch of the imagination.

We get it, Ben--you're a religious bigot and you think it's A-OK to persecute a religious minority so long as it isn't yours. You don't believe in religious freedom.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                                Have they banned the darkies yet or is this a two step process?
                                But French and Italians are darkies. They can't ban themselves, can they?

Comment

Working...
                                X