Clear All

Wrong thread.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

the Saudi monarchy has long banned the open worship of other faiths
      From your Time article.

The verb 'build' presumes that the churches in question do not predate Islam.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So we are only just as good as repressive regimes
        I don't see what's so difficult about insisting that Muslims follow all of the things that I listed. No honour killings.

Tell me Imran, what should we do with folks who advocate honour killings?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I think Ben's restrictions are reasonable - before any religion may be allowed freedom of worship/assembly/whatever, first all members of that religion have to stop committing any and all crimes.

"Sorry Christians, church is canceled again this week - a Christian in Texas robbed a liquor store."
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

And none of this "True Members of the [insert religion here] Don't Rob Liquor Stores" crap, either.

Comment

"Sorry Christians, church is canceled again this week - a Christian in Texas robbed a liquor store."
              It's a good thing Christianity explicitly condemns theft.

I'm quite happy to allow Muslims to worship provided they condemn honour killings.

Comment

Minarets are indeed a menace, but the proper way to deal with them is through public noise regulations and not outright bans. Muslims can build all the minarets they want as long as they don't use them for their intended purpose.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  It's a good thing Christianity explicitly condemns theft.

I'm quite happy to allow Muslims to worship provided they condemn honour killings.
                  I'm quite happy to allow Christians to worship provided they condemn abortion clinic bombings and violence against gays.

Comment

I'm quite happy to allow Christians to worship provided they condemn abortion clinic bombings and violence against gays.
                    So far it's Christianity 3-0.

Comment

Try again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3150142.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                        Has every Muslim in the UK condemned honor killings??? I think not! Deport the lot of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                          Minarets are indeed a menace, but the proper way to deal with them is through public noise regulations and not outright bans. Muslims can build all the minarets they want as long as they don't use them for their intended purpose.
                          This is the only reasonable position, and one that applies equally to churches and their horrid early morning bell ringing.

Comment

Has every Muslim in the UK condemned honor killings??? I think not! Deport the lot of them!!!
                            Great. See. How hard was that?

Comment

Also, It should be noted that fundamentalist Sikhs and Hindus are known to indulge in honor killings.

Comment

Pretty much everybody but Buddhists need to be deported from every country. Everybody else has some religious text or another that condones murder.

Comment

Working...
                                X