No announcement yet.

Yeah, right (Tiger Woods thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the Florida law deal, but thanks.
    How far does this law go? Can it be inconvenient perpetually, throughout eternity?
    I find it intriguing that as long as a person can make it to their door, all is well.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini View Post
      What part of "he doesn't have to speak with the police, under FL law" are you having trouble understanding?
      It has nothing to do with Florida's laws and everything to do with the 5th Amendment...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No, it does not.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hi, Short Bus.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You can be insulting all you want, KH. Maybe between witticisms you can answer my question about duration of unavailability. I suppose while you're getting around to it, I can verify of no warrants ever being served in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              He's a sports darling. Few others would have been able to conduct a "police interview" at their convenience.
              I can just say that I am not really good at sports but I regularly tell the police to kiss my ass when they want to question me, largely because I have a great lawyer who is violently libertarian and Jewish who has told me that such language is protected by the first amendment, even if directed at police. The fifth amendment apparently does not prevent you from being indighted, but then again not much can. Losing sleep over that is silly since a conviction is all that counts (an indictktment is more like a warning saying a conviction may or may not happen, but many other things need to happen first ).

Comment

SHORRRRRRTTTTT BUSSSSSSS

Here's how the conversation goes:

"Can we take your statement?"

"No, come back later. Maybe I'll talk to you then"

Until the cops have some sort of probable cause that a criminal act occurred then they are straight out of luck, ****.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That is not totally true, congressional committees do not work that way. It is called a subpoena girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    SHORRRRRRTTTTT BUSSSSSSS

Here's how the conversation goes:

"Can we take your statement?"

"No, come back later. Maybe I'll talk to you then"

Until the cops have some sort of probable cause that a criminal act occurred then they are straight out of luck, ****.
                    Hit and run is a criminal act.

Comment

Get laid, someone hit a tree. There's rapists out there.

Comment

Hit and run is a criminal act.

SHORRRRRRTTTTT BUSSSSSSS
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                          That is not totally true, congressional committees do not work that way. It is called a subpoena girlfriend.
                          "I refuse to give a statement on the grounds that the answer might tend to incriminate me". Then you leave.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Did slowwy just call striking a tree and remaining at the scene until the ambulance comes "hit and run"?

I might just click on his post to see that.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Then you are thrown in jail for dicking off in contempt, especially if they ask a question like this.

Comment

Leaving the Scene of an Accident / Hit & Run
                                Reckless driving (which includes damage to property)

You're not going to believe this, but those are against the law in Florida.

Comment

Working...
                                X