CanPol - Alberta edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanPol - Alberta edition

I know there are a few Albertans at the site (resident and otherwise) so hopefully you can fill this uninformed easterner in on what is going on in your fine province. I don't particularly trust the national media when it comes to Alberta because, as we all know, the eastern based media doesn't know or care about the province...

In particular, what's with this Wild Rose Party? As I understand it the conservatives in the province are upset the Conservatives aren't conservative enough? Does this party pose a serious threat or are they merely a blip?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Canpol is doubleplusungood
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Wildrose party is the rejuvenation of the PC party of Alberta.

Fiscal conservative + Socially liberal.

Are they a threat? No.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, I wouldn't trust you to accurately describe the weather.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

They are pro-abort, pro-gay marriage, and fiscal conservatives.

The only difference between them and Stelmach is that they are stronger on the fiscal side of things.

I think you would call that fiscal conservative, social liberal, no?

I've been following them for awhile now, and their new leader represents a hard shift to the left.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

They are a serious threat.

The herd has been on the same range for a long time now and the place is filling up with poo. It's round about times like these that something can spook the hefers and set off a stampede. Once they start running the whole herd will move to the new range and leave the old one completely, never to return.

Does that about sum up what you've read?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The herd has been on the same range for a long time now and the place is filling up with poo. It's round about times like these that something can spook the hefers and set off a stampede. Once they start running the whole herd will move to the new range and leave the old one completely, never to return.
              As I said, the rejuvenation of the PC party.

I don't think they are a threat to anyone, least of all to the PC party of AB, but we shall see who seems to have the better assessment.

Comment

NYE -

Pretty much. Stelmach is terribly unpopular and the province has a tradition of turfing long sitting governments every few decades. By political cycles it may be that time again.

I also heard the new Wild Rose (do they have a short reference name? ie Tories, Grits) leader is a very good communicator.

Comment

I also heard the new Wild Rose leader is a very good communicator
                  If you mean, she has nice **** and ***, then yes, she's a good 'communicator'.

Comment

Go away Ben.

Comment

What, you wanted to post a babe thread, drooling over Danielle?

Comment

Wild Rose has been around for years, and it's only when they appoint a pro-abort that it gets reported here?

I find that hilarious.

That's fine if you don't want my opinion. I'm still gonna comment on it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                          They are a serious threat.

Does that about sum up what you've read?
                          nye has it right, Ben is way, way off.

As usual.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ben is way, way off.
                            Quel surprise.

How on earth would people prefer wild rose to the liberals, NDP, or the PCs? Are the wild rose going to dominate rural alberta? Are they going to dominate Calgary or E-Town?

Is there anywhere at all in AB, that the Wild Rose would be the first choice of Albertans?

Besides, I actually live out west.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              nye has it right, Ben is way, way off.

As usual.
                              Hardly surprising.

When is the next vote and will the Conservatives replace their leader before then? Would it even matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X