No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:44.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
      he put it up as a "remix" so youtube wouldn't remove it. And because the only people that had a problem with it being up was the record label, nobody flagged it.

and thank you for bumping it, Thoth is out of control with his flooding.
      Well it is technically a remix. Marley Marl remix, it's listed on the War Report album. This version seems a little different though from how I remember it but it could just be the audio quality.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• AAHZ, you have no business liking this 90's Queensbridge music! It's not your style at all. Aren't you complaining about the beats not having enough bass on them?

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:44.
          Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
            Thoth, I know you are trying hard to get to 3000 posts, but stop flooding.
            ****** I have that bloody many?

bugger.

Can a mod please give me a PCR?
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• AAHZ, Tragedy is one of the most underrated rappers. He should have gotten top-billing in CNN since he's on almost every song. He was superior to both Capone and Nore in every way. All I listened to in high school was Tragedy and Cormega.

"Velvet garments, gun holster under armpits
              Mahdi, part thug, God, part Islamic
              Breastfed with Henny, our fathers were convicts
              Sold garbage, gave our souls to the harlots
              Helicopters and choppers hover above us
              Face the jury and the judges with foul grudges
              No one to love us, the streets kidnapped our mothers
              They cried liquor, caught in the hood gettin' smothered
              With no guidance, we grew up without fathers"

Holy **** he's the ****.

Comment

• REM: Radio Free Europe

REM: It's the end of the world as we know it

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:45.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

• I don't know about Capone being better than Nore. Nore fell off big time, especially when he out of nowhere embraced his Spanish roots and started making reggaeton music, but he was alright back in the War Report days. I live in the Puerto Rican part of Philly so I've heard so much Oye Mi Canto **** I almost forgot how Nore used to be. Capone had an annoying high pitched voice I never liked. The thing about Nore was that he was more like a mix between Wu-Tang and Cam'Ron in his lyrics... so he said some really weird stuff with a lot of Wu-style 5-percenter references but he had hot songs.

That's the thing with Nore. He took full advantage of Neptunes production to make some hot songs. I'm surprised you have a negative opinion of him. You said you care more about beats than lyrics. Why don't you like songs like Superthug?

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

• Capone sounds the same as he has always sounded on every song. Neither Nore nor Capone are all that versatile to begin with.

Nore has a droning steady flow and also a dah dah dah pause dah dah dah flow on his hype songs. That's two styles

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

• Most rappers are very conservative about their delivery and rhyme schemes now a days, to be honest. The only ones who really are breaking down walls in terms of scheme and flow are the guys who coincidentally are from my neighborhood... Freeway and Peedi Crack. Peedi Crack is very repetitive though. That's his problem. He'd rather smoke weed all the time than make songs.

Comment

• See, what Freeway does is he has off-rhymes... he rhymes internally not on the end line/beat and he has far callback rhymes where he returns to the rhyme several lines later which you never see anyone else do.

Listen to Free on Big Spender:

If you really pay attention to Free's rhyme scheme, he's real creative with it. People don't ever notice it, though. I've said it before but it seems like the only people that like Freeway are people who rap cause we can appreciate what he's doing and most people don't notice it:

Check his lyrics after 1:50. His scheme is crazy.
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 1, 2010, 17:38.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:46. Reason: posted the entire thing instead of a snippet
                                Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X