A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Riot (covered by some Micks)

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• (just to anoy Albert)

Angelic Upstarts - "Last Night Another Soldier"

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Some more working class decadent cracker OI music

Comment

• More decadent cracker music......

Comment

• More music for decadent crackers:

Comment

• and one for non-decadent crackers

Comment

• What you're not understanding is wealth does not necessarily have anything to do with decadence. First of all, a poor person with really bad priorities can be decadent. But my intention with the term was to describe cultural decadence... some sort of sick and pretentious need from a nihilistic mind to refute the standards of music and create a shock. That is all punk rockers and heavy metal people aspire to do... shock.

And good luck dancing to that crap. I don't think it's possible. There is no way that that Brazilian song, that Cameroon song, or that Trinidad song didn't make you toe tap at least a little.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Dance music tends to be the worst of the worst. Dance-ability is not a metric for which I grade music.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    What you're not understanding is wealth does not necessarily have anything to do with decadence. First of all, a poor person with really bad priorities can be decadent. But my intention with the term was to describe cultural decadence... some sort of sick and pretentious need from a nihilistic mind to refute the standards of music and create a shock. That is all punk rockers and heavy metal people aspire to do... shock.
                    No.
                    And good luck dancing to that crap. I don't think it's possible
                    it's quite possible. If you're too uptight to do it, you'll just have to trust me on this one.

. There is no way that that Brazilian song, that Cameroon song, or that Trinidad song didn't make you toe tap at least a little.
                    Erm. Actually they didn't. And I've been dancing around bonfires at pagan festivals for over 15 years.

If it doesn't move me to dance, I consider it crap.

(listen to the Shibaten post I made earlier tonight if you really want to know what makes me dance.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Dance music tends to be the worst of the worst. Dance-ability is not a metric for which I grade music.
                      That which is commonly called "dance music" is in MNSHO garbage. It primarily serves to show that not only can white people not dance, black people can't either.

Dance-ability is a decent metric, one simply has to cut the common herd out of the equation.

Comment

• Okay I went through and heard snippets of what you posted... yeah, the only thing that stuff motivates me to do is turn it off. It's not pleasant to hear. But it's not as terrible as I was expecting...

I was expecting this, which Bugs posted earlier...

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Okay I went through and heard snippets of what you posted... yeah, the only thing that stuff motivates me to do is turn it off. It's not pleasant to hear. But it's not as terrible as I was expecting
                          *sigh*

Why do I bother?

Teh bible has some passage or another about casting peals before swine.

Comment

• I've casted pearls before swine this entire thread... only Slowwhand half appreciates it.

Comment

I've casted pearls before swine this entire thread... only Slowwhand half appreciates it.

*bites tounge*

*refuses to comment*

Comment

• More pearls before swine...

I mean you're not human if you don't enjoy music like that. It just doesn't get better than that.

Thoth you grew up when this music was coming out... what happened, man? Where were you at?

Comment

Working...
                                X