A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Thoth, seriously... take a breath and listen to this...

do you not see a fundamental difference in aesthetic value between that and anything that you posted? One is beautiful, the other is noise.
    Where we differ is in what we consider "noise".
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
      Where we differ is in what we consider "noise".
      Everyone but decadent crackers are in agreement, apparently...

In Trinidad, they understand:

In Brazil, they understand:

In Egypt, they understand:

In Serbia, they understand:

In Cameroon, they understand:

THE WHOLE ****ING WORLD UNDERSTANDS WHAT MUSIC IS. As different as all those songs are, they are so different from what you post that their commonalities (the essence of music!) remain and they are on one side and the stuff you post are on the other side of a musical/noise continuum.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Anyone that doesn't like Earth Wind and Fire is trolling or lacks musical appreciation or has stunted taste.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          EWWWWW. Only fags listen to ABBA......

oh.

Wait.

NM.

To be clear, I'm not a fan of ABBA. Just making fun of Alby's homosexual tastes.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• There's a lot worse in this thread than ABBA.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• welcome back thoth

fad gadget - lady shave
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                To be clear, I'm not a fan of ABBA. Just making fun of Alby's homosexual tastes.
                Well he is planning on joining the Navy after all.

welcome back thoth

And something that (probably) won't make Albert foam at the mouth...

Albert: "decadent cracker" ??
                First time I've ever been called that.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• buggrit. It's a repost, but AS is being slow whinging about my last post so...

Dance often. Dance naked.

Comment

• and yet one more

****ty video, great tune

Mighty Lemon Drops "Out of Hand"

More Lemon Drops

"Hollow Inside"

"Inside Out"

Comment

• Who's joining the Navy?

And I like how you make no response to my proof that the world knows what music is... except decadent crackers like you. Find me something not created from the mind of decadent crackers that has more commonalities with what you post than what I have posted. Anywhere on the world.

(by decadent cracker, I'm not saying that decadent crackers don't make or appreciate actual music; I'm just saying that this crap noise music only originates from them)

Consider that bizarre Rape song that Buggs posted a few months back... only a decadent, bourgeois cracker mind could produce that trash.
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Who's joining the Navy?
                        Navy. Marines. Same thing.

And I like how you make no response to my proof that the world knows what music is...
                        Erm. Your "proof" consisted of four insipid songs that did nothing to inspire any emotional reaction from me other than boredom.

Try again.

except decadent crackers like you. Find me something not created from the mind of decadent crackers that has more commonalities with what you post than what I have posted. Anywhere on the world.

(by decadent cracker, I'm not saying that decadent crackers don't make or appreciate actual music; I'm just saying that this crap noise music only originates from them)
                        I'm still laughing about being called a "decadent cracker".

Funniest **** I've read in a long time.

(btw: What do you think of Loreena?)

Comment

• Screw it.

Albert. You've earned this one.

Anti Nowhere League: "So what?"

(yeah, it's a ****ing repost. So ****in' what?)

Comment

• You are decadent. You listen to the music of the decadent. And I wasn't implying those foreign songs were good. I just picked foreign songs at random. The Manu Dibango song was hot though, I don't care what you say. And I see that's where Michael Jackson got his little mamasay sound from. That's cool. All these years I've been wondering about that and I randomly find out where it's from. The Trinidad song was also cool and the Brazilian song had a nice sound.

The point is that there are obvious commonalities between both the traditional and modern music of places as diverse as Cameroon, Serbia, and Brazil... commonalities that are the essence of music... commonalities that your noise lacks. I could have posted hundreds of songs and my point would've stood.

Again, find me songs from different cultures (not decadent crackers) that sound similar to your noise. Otherwise, my point stands that your noise would not be considered music by the vast majority of the human population and that it comes only from the twisted mind of decadent crackers.

Comment

• I'm not even going to play any of those songs you posted to see what they sound like... there are people in the house and I don't want any strange looks.

Granted, your stuff probably isn't as bad as what Bugs posted or even what Cockney posts sometimes, but I don't want to chance it.

Comment

You are a decadent cracker. You listen to the music of decadent crackers.
                                ROTFLMAO. Albert. I love you. You are awesome.

google the lyrics for this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mMTEJm0byk&feature=related

And I wasn't implying those foreign songs were good. I just picked foreign songs at random. The Manu Dibango song was hot though, I don't care what you say. And I see that's where Michael Jackson got his little mamasay sound from. That's cool. All these years I've been wondering about that and I randomly find out where it's from. The Trinidad song was also cool and the Brazilian song had a nice sound.
                                They were dull. Music should inspire me to dance or rant or get riled up or at least inspire some form of emotional reaction. The songs you posted inspired me to go to sleep.

The point is that there are obvious commonalities between both the traditional and modern music of places as diverse as Cameroon, Serbia, and Brazil... commonalities that are the essence of music... commonalities that your noise lacks. I could have posted hundreds of songs and my point would've stood.

Again, find me songs from different cultures (not decadent crackers) that sound similar to your noise. Otherwise, my point stands that your noise would not be considered music by the vast majority of the human population and that it comes only from the twisted mind of decadent crackers.
                                Ok.

Shibaten "Noa" (from Japan)

Dragon Ritual Drummers (a group of drummers decadent crackers from the New Orleans Voodoo tradition)

Last edited by Thoth; August 30, 2010, 19:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X