No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok last old garage track from me, i promise, i really mean it this time, honest...

azzido da bass - dooms night (timo maas remix)
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 04:49.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Comment

• everyone knows soft cell for hits like say hello, wave goodbye and of course tainted love, but they have such a lush discography and a lot their best stuff has been forgotten. i love the contrast between the soundscapes created by david ball (some of these are really amazing and still sound fresh today - memorabilia is probably my favourite, but i've posted it here before) and the often haunting vocals of marc almond. enjoy the long (12") versions of these.

soft cell - ...so

soft cell - insecure me

soft cell - it's a mugs game

soft cell - frustration
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Think Alby may like this.

Soul/Funk/Rock/Hiphop.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 04:50.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

• I've been playing a lot of Madden and I've got these songs in my head and can't get them out! Damn, why do they have to be so damn catchy?!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• the music thread looks ****, in common with the rest of the forum

ah song 2, which reminds me...

brock landars - s.m.d.u.

Comment

• following on from my post about (UK) garage music. here's some dubstep from the very beginning...is this still 2 step? it sounds quite similar, but already you can see the movement away from the traditional 2-step formula.

d1 - i believe

benny ill & dj hatcha - crazy intro

horsepower productions & TGS - on the run

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:02.
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:03.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:03.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

• you know what this thread needs? some more sunny indie pop

i can't stop listening to these two band's debut albums, here's a couple of tracks (be sure to listen to the whole of the second one).

allo darlin' - my heart is a drummer

slow club - our most brilliant friends

Comment

Working...
                                X