No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been on vacation the past couple weeks. I mostly posted on Apolyton from work. I now have things to do, seeing as I'm not at work.

And you know what it means.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• No I don't know what it means. Is this one of those 'you're so gay' things?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• See, you knew.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• What's gay about liking Craig David's music? He can sing and makes good music.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What ever happened to Glenn Lewis? He was the **** a few years ago.

Comment

• Some classic Jon B:

Robin Thicke

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 04:48.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I think I may have posted this before. I don't care.
                  The helicopters are what gets my attention right off the bat. I'll always remember the helicopters.

Last edited by SlowwHand; August 4, 2010, 01:35.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You just posted that! That was like the last song you posted!

You've gone senile, Sloww.

Comment

• I think it's something other than senile.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Cockney, here's some music from your homeland

Craig David
                        good grief speer, you have no taste.

anyway, before releasing an album of limp wristed r'n'b, most people here would remember craig david for his work with the artful dodger, who were one of the acts responsible for bringing speed garage (or UK garage or just garage) music to the mainstream here. this coincided with the genre's creative death near the turn of century. in fact many people blame acts like the artful dodger for causing the death of garage, turning it into pop music (and the pop music made from garage was mostly awful), but this is unfair. the genre was already on its way out, suffering from the age old problem of people running out of ideas. garage split into 2 after about 2001/2002, with some producers continuing to make 'garage' in a 4/4 style (which later became known as bassline house and then UK funky, but that's another story...) and others moving into grime (UK hip hop). you can also see the links between garage and dubstep (in terms of sounds, ideas and personnel), and it might reasonably be argued that garage gave birth to the genre. certainly many old garage producers moved into this sound as it gained momentum. there has also been a recent revival of UK garage and there is a whole subgenre of dubstep (which doesn't really have a name, but which i call future garage) which incorporates a lot of the old sounds of garage.

well this is as good an excuse as any to post a few garage classics.

zed bias feat. nicky prince & mc rumpus - neighbourhood (radio edit)

mj cole - sincere

wookie - far east

edit: some minor corrections and clarification.
                        Last edited by C0ckney; August 4, 2010, 16:45.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• time for some more c86 stuff, uploaded by yours truly. UK band heavenly, there aren't the words in the english language to adequately convey how much i love this band. have a listen.

heavenly - p.u.n.k. girl

heavenly - hearts & crosses

heavenly - atta girl

heavenly - i fell in love last night
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

• b15 project feat. chrissy d & lady g - girls like us

bassment jaxx - rendez-vu (album version)

Comment

Working...
                                X