No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, one more. from martyn, a dutch dubstep producer who is getting more and more techno as time goes by.

martyn - shook up
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Wendy's had the best training videos.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
        lol says the fat ass, pubescent-looking, nerdy norwegan posting VH1 songs

hell outta my thrade, sun.
        lol says the twig-like skinny, heroin addict-looking, wigger Floridian posting trash rap.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The often-sampled Lenny Williams' Cause I Love You

And two classics from Philly singing groups, the Delfonics:

And the Stylistics:

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:30.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:30.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

• Your rap is complete trash devoid of substance that is popular for no other reason than a bassline and maybe catchy hooks. It's funny that you're the one posting stupid formulaic bling bling *****es and **** snitches crap rap and trying to act like you're posting something of value.

The dichotomy between good rap and crap rap is probably greater than within any other type of music. It's why a lot of people feel the need to differentiate the genre and call good rap hip hop (ignoring the fact that hip hop is a bigger movement than just rapping) and everything else crap rap.

Good rap:

compared to your ****... it's unbelievable.

Comment

• The thing is rap is ultimately spoken word poetry over a beat. It should be able stand alone performed without music or as words on the page. Your crap looks utterly ludicrous on paper with nothing but curses and talking about killing people and selling drugs. ****, your **** isn't even clever. There's no punch-lines, no metaphors, no smilies, and they barely even rhyme!

**** that ****. It's irredeemable. There's nothing you can say. It's completely and objectively lyrically inferior.

Comment

• I've never known a person with such limited knowledge and appreciation of music, AAHZ. If you like the stuff that you post, fine. To shut out all else is stupidity.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:29.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

• I don't think you should waste your brilliance trying in vain to educate such worthless people.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• It's crazy cause back in 1994, Common broke it down with a song in which he anthropomorphized hip hop as a woman and criticized this very thing.

For over two decades people like you AAHZ have been destroying an art-form from within. It's sickening.

You hear the Cassidy song "Damn I miss the game", AAHZ? He's "Tired of the dumb rap" and wish it would go back to what it used to be about.

As your boy Cass says,
                          "Yo what happened to the game?
                          All these niggas rappin the same and that's lame
                          Cats hustlin, bustin they gat
                          Curtis Blow never talked about hustlin crack
                          Yo, Everybody on the grind
                          But Run DMC never killed nobody in a rhyme"

Exactly, AAHZ. Cassidy gets it. Why the hell you don't?

Comment

• That's easy. He's blinded by his own brilliance.

Comment

• I think I need to take AAHZ back to where it started at.

Let KRS spit his philosophy with some relevant rhymes for AAHZ's type of music:

Comment

• Better yet, let the teacher KRS-One school you some more, AAHZ:

Comment

Working...
                                X