A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Sloww, are you a Michael Flatley fan? Do you foam at the mouth at the prospect of watching the Lord of the Dance and his magical feet? Do you strip naked and sing and dance Irish folksongs at a pagan bonfire and worship Druid nature gods?
    Why, look what I have here. Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance (1997).
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:46.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Cassidy went Christian... really weird.

Here's a freestyle about Jesus:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
            how did you find those and post them in 2 minutes after my post when you weren't even lurking the thrade when i poasted last? LOL
            This internet thing... I'm good at it. Step your game up, son.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So what's your thoughts on Cassidy freestyling about Matthew 24, John 1:7, and Jesus Christ?

"From Genesis to Revelations, the Bible is education, I'm dedicating my life to Christ instead of Satan"

You still a Cass fan, AAHZ?

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

*sigh*

all my favorite rappers usually end up doing something silly so i guess i should be used to it by now.
                  Yeah but most of them end up in jail... Cassidy is freaking Born Again!

This all happened because of the accusal of murder combined with the fact that he damn near died when he was hit by a truck. After he survived, he went all Christian. He's been like this for at least two years now. Half the songs on BARS were praise songs.

Comment

• Some of his praise songs from his album:

"Hey! God is good, God is great
                    It's a reason that I'm breathin and it gotta be faith
                    And I'm thankful that I'm eatin, there's a lot on my plate
                    If the Lord wasn't watchin I'd be ridin upstate
                    Hey, so I wake up e'ry day and say thank you
                    When I'm floatin off course, then the Lord is my anchor
                    I know you feelin me ain'tcha?
                    See Christ died on the cross, that's keepin it gangster"

Comment

• Cassidy was never from the Hood Hood, though, just so you know, AAHZ. Still a city boy but he's not like a straight hood dude like Freeway. Cassidy's kind of middle class and he went to Central High School, a magnet/gifted school and coincidentally, the rival school to my high school.

I'm really curious about what you think about the Christian Cassidy? How does it make you feel that he went from battle rapping to freestyling about the Gospel and the importance of Christ in his life?

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

• AAHZ, he's been like this for at least 2 years now. WHERE YOU BEEN AT, MAN?! STEP YOUR GAME UP!

To be honest, though, a lot of rappers do this as they approach age 30. I mean Ice Cube is in his 40's and he hasn't been gangster in years. As they knock on middle age, have kids, get settled, they just stop rapping about guns and drugs and hood life and start rapping about God or family or doing right:

Check it... Cormega and Havoc:

"I got a daughter i support her open heartedly
                          it bothers me how fathers be havin children irresponsibly
                          how could i not nurture what i conceived
                          or deprive her, shes my prophecy
                          as i stare in her eyes theres no despair, deception
                          or awareness, except when givin affection
                          shes the water that purifies me
                          more than likely wearing jordans like me
                          as she grows ill expose her to all that ive seen
                          like the island of saint croix
                          where smile and she brings joy
                          she the cub im the lion and survival is based on
                          how i teach her to stay strong
                          and live through wilderness
                          if i instill in her the will to live
                          shell get through it
                          she my first seed, my genesis
                          my last bit of innocence
                          my understanding wisdom brings what knowledge is given
                          i hope to surround her with prominent figures
                          so she can grow to be a positive woman and never doubt that i love her"
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 1, 2010, 20:41.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Havoc too?
                              Man they're all middle-aged now. It's not the early 90's when they're 21 year old kids rapping about street life. Havoc is 36 now

It's like you being surprised that Jay-Z doesn't talk about the same stuff that he used to now that he's 40 and a multi-millionaire or that Ice Cube doesn't talk about **** the Police now that he's 41 and plays the dad on family comedy movies!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:47.
                                Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X