Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Where did Doc say that the 9/11 victims deserved to die?
    Where did I say Layton deserved to die?

    I'm unable to find the quote. If you could post and link to it then I would be better able to understand what you're so angry about.
    You can hack it, tough guy. It's right there.

    If you're angry that he talked about something related to but not explicitly about the 9/11 victims
    Basically, tehir deaths are meaningless. That is callous.

    if you believe that memorial threads should only contain posts such as "RIP dead person/people," then how can you possibly think that it was appropriate to make your "Jack Lenin" snipe?
    Better question. If you think the Jack Lenin snipe was disrespectful, why are you defending Doc?

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    link
    Respectful? No. Every-man? Hah, no. Integrity? Also no. And certainly not by most. Most Canadians did not like Mssr. Layton. Most Canadians were afraid of him, enough so to vote in Harper of all people.

    That's the reaction that he got from where I am. Fear. No, Mr. Layton is not well-liked. Sure, by some he is but not by all. So please do not claim to speak for all Canadians as you did previously. Speak for yourself.
    Doc's "crapping" on the 9/11 victims by mentioning dead people who you don't care about does not even come close to being as distasteful as this.

    Doc posted in a memorial thread to mourn how the victims' deaths were used for malicious purposes. You posted in a memorial thread to **** on a dead person, and now you have the audacity to lie through the teeth about the extent of your actions ("all I did was call him Jack Lenin that's not so bad"). The thread is on page 5, next time try waiting longer to lie about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Pissing on 9-11 victims, is ok
    Where did Doc say that the 9/11 victims deserved to die? I'm unable to find the quote. If you could post and link to it then I would be better able to understand what you're so angry about.

    If you're angry that he talked about something related to but not explicitly about the 9/11 victims, i.e. if you believe that memorial threads should only contain posts such as "RIP dead person/people," then how can you possibly think that it was appropriate to make your "Jack Lenin" snipe?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Yes, I dislike evil people far more than I dislike ethical people.
    Just so we have it clear.

    Pissing on 9-11 victims, is ok. Calling an admitted commie 'Jack Lenin' is not.

    I suppose you, as the pinnacle of tolerance, love everybody equally, including Muslims, liberals, and homosexuals.
    Heh, I've lived with all three. I've yet to live with a Christian landlord. Yes, I did love them, even the liberal who used to beat his native gf to a pulp every evening and brought prostitutes home every night. Enough so to drive his ass back and forth to work every day when he got busted for drunk driving.

    Even the satanist who's a good family friend. I can love a person while hating what they do.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    So, you admit to having double standards? Great.
    Yes, I dislike evil people far more than I dislike ethical people. I suppose you, as the pinnacle of tolerance, love everybody equally, including Muslims, liberals, and homosexuals.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Hating the commemoration of it, no.
    Hm. Perhaps you should have said that, then. Must have been another typo on your part. Why is it that all of your arguments need retroactive modifications?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    And he recently crapped on Jack Layton's memorial thread as well. Apparently he's designated himself the arbiter of who we're allowed to mourn. 9/11 victims: yes. Iraqis: no. Canadian liberals: no.
    Then you should be agreeing with me that Doc's conduct was beyond the pale. Your move, Loin. Double standards are a fun thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    If you didn't consistently act like a terrible human being then you might get the benefit of the doubt sometimes. As it stands, only a fool, a newbie, or another terrible human being would assume that your intentions were anything but malicious.
    So, you admit to having double standards? Great.

    Number of dead people Doc has crapped on: zero.
    Uh, he crapped on alot of people yesterday. I just happen to be saying what they believe and kept to themselves.

    He could have stayed out of the thread. He chose to make it something it wasn't. I gave him another thread where he could post to his hearts content, and stay out of the other thread.

    Some people here did in fact lose friends at 9-11. Now, Doc's a doctor, presumably he's had to give the bad news to people. I'm sure he understands their pain. Why he can't do that for 9-11 makes no sense to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Isn't hating 9/11 a good thing?
    Hating the commemoration of it, no.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    And he recently crapped on Jack Layton's memorial thread as well. Apparently he's designated himself the arbiter of who we're allowed to mourn. 9/11 victims: yes. Iraqis: no. Canadian liberals: no.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    I care about a lot of things that I don't post threads about, particularly if I think that somebody is going to crap on the thread. You would have crapped on any "mourning the dead in Iraq" thread as evidenced by your treatment of your own "'mourning' the dead in Iraq" thread, so why would anybody in their right mind start one?
    So true. Ben crapped all over my Fort Hood Memorial thread and I rarely make such threads.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    But of course, you can't actually admit that Doc crapped on a memorial thread. Go loin. Fair and balanced as usual.
    If you didn't consistently act like a terrible human being then you might get the benefit of the doubt sometimes. As it stands, only a fool, a newbie, or another terrible human being would assume that your intentions were anything but malicious.

    Number of dead people Doc has crapped on: zero. (Go on, post a quote where he says that anybody deserved to die. And no, saying "it was wrong to retaliate against the wrong people" is not equivalent to saying "the 9/11 victims deserved to die," no matter how little you value the lives of Iraqis.) Number of dead people Ben has crapped on: uncountable. Don't claim that you're being treated unfairly - you're treated better than you deserve.
    Last edited by loinburger; September 12, 2011, 14:47.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Do you believe that America deserves it? Do you blame the victims?
    Uh, no.

    I should think that anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what I believe. It was a disgusting islamist terrorist attack.
    Then what exactly do you mean by this?

    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I made another thread where people who hate 9-11 can post all they like in it.
    Isn't hating 9/11 a good thing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Err, my stance is that 9/11 was a bad thing. You apparently think otherwise?
    Do you believe that America deserves it? Do you blame the victims?

    I should think that anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what I believe. It was a disgusting islamist terrorist attack.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    it's either depressing or just tedious to put up with every year.
    Thank God you obviously didn't lose someone you cared about at 9-11. See how 'tedious' it is then. If you can't be respectful, stay away.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X