Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Some people are just too stupid to realize that they've been insulted.
    Compared to what people usually say about me here, that doesn't even register.

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Lying and pissing on the dead are anti-Canadian? I think they probably go against every country's values. I guess he doesn't belong anywhere and should be jettisoned into space.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    To be fair, Ben is not a real Canadian. His values are pretty much anti-Canadian.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    I would say "and most Canadian's are more oblivious than others" but it's not fair to make such a generalization based on one idiot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zoetstofzoetje
    replied
    the English are quite skilled in formulating to that end

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Some people are just too stupid to realize that they've been insulted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Ben, if you want me to help you to save yourself getting into a state by getting really upset by strawmen you've created either by deliberately or unintentionally misreading, misunderstanding or misinterpreting posts I can probably get your account closed or set it so you can't read stuff.
    Uh, why would I want that? Unexamined life is not worth living and all that.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    DaShi

    Ben, if you want me to help you to save yourself getting into a state by getting really upset by strawmen you've created either by deliberately or unintentionally misreading, misunderstanding or misinterpreting posts I can probably get your account closed or set it so you can't read stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    say that he was going to hell (sorry, "commie heaven").
    You mean you don't believe in commie heaven? Where would the apparatchiks go?

    So I don't care about the deaths of people unless I start a thread about them?
    Asher explicitly said that he doesn't care about the folks in the mideast. Tho maybe just the tevil Joos. Dunno, y If Doc cares so strongly about them as to post in the 9-11 thread, why not start a thread for the victims in Iraq?

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Expressing dismay at some consequence of 9/11: pissing on the victims
    Insulting a man who just died: not pissing on him

    makes perfect sense

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    I double-checked, and at no point did Doc attack the victims or their families, nor did he attack their desire for justice. You are, once again, lying through your teeth.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You can, 364 days a year, and just not in the thread used to honour and remember the victims.
    I'm still waiting on those Memorial Thread Rules. Not Okay: Disagreeing with the hypothetical opinions held by some of the victims and their families. Okay: Directly insulting a dead person, even going so far as to say that he was going to hell (sorry, "commie heaven").
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Feel free to post that thread next time you get an urge to crap in the 9-11 thread. You guys had your chance. I ended up having to start that thread, which speaks volumes as to your true convictions. Like asher said, you don't really care about the Iraqis, but you do hate the 9-11 commemorations.
    So I don't care about the deaths of people unless I start a thread about them? Does this mean that you only care about the deaths of the 9/11 victims on the anniversary of 9/11? That you only care about the death + resurrection of Jesus on Easter? That you don't give a crap about the deaths in Darfur or Iraq or in any other hotspot?
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    My actual statement was that many did and do, many did and did not, and the 9/11 thread is not the place for that discussion. Labelling such motivation as 'malicious is a slap in the face of the families trying to honor the dead. (watch that damn u.)
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    "I believe that labelling the 9-11 families desire for justice as malicious is helpful and welcome in their memorial of the dead."
    Where did Doc say that their desire for justice was malicious? I'm looking for the quote but can't find it. I do see a quote that you probably twisted to your own malicious ends, but that's not quite the same thing as a quote that exists outside of your delusions.
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    "Only liberals shall be honoured with a memorial thread here on Apolyton, liberal bastion. All conservatives must be crapped upon and banned for speaking their minds."

    That's like the second commandment of Apolyton.
    All of the 9/11 victims were conservative?

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Why would you think that? An affinity for Latino children certainly does explain your movie to Texas, though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    You didn't need my approval to crap on threads in the past, I don't know why you would need it now.
    Given that Asher tried to ban me for it, apparently I need the official Loin thread crapping endorsement. You're like the king of thread crappers. "If it ain't loin it ain't crap." Also Leiderhosen Jew needs to make a comeback.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Family makes it even worse, not excusable.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X