Originally posted by Thoth
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Nice pic....
Over/under on the hours left until you get banned......12.
Leave a comment:
-
alright i think you wanted this from meLast edited by Jon Miller; November 4, 2011, 03:30. Reason: re porn pic: this isn't the place and I now abstain, so it isn't what we want from you.
Leave a comment:
-
STFU Noob.Originally posted by Newgod View Postwell getting doen to moderation there must be a balance neither it should become like a dictator rule or be allowed to become chaos so balance is most important from a practical point of view in the present time many people from around the world with different ages background social surrounding join up forums to speak up their mind its necesary to seprate the people who are speaking up their mind from trolls because trolls do this for fun but often people who are just serious discussers are often taken as trolls as they discuss things with passion somethimes agressively but they dont intent to troll just speak up their minds another thing is that many dont use english as their first language so its necessary that mods dont take a post that is not proper english as spamming because it could very well be a incapacity to self express clearly
and well as far i am concerned i keep a open mind moderation does not means blindly following rules and just banning anyone who goes one line off general forum rules actually mods are humans as well and with every human they too hav their own nature so each mod is different
well i dont go too hard on my members in the forum so far i have to ban only a few people so i am extremelt tolrant understanding and accepting person not like the mods you see around this place people fear them they dont talk any thing against them because they can ban them,
i dont prefer to be that way i want to be a friend to everyone in my forum that is i was speaking about not here,, and althoug there were some minute troubles in my forum despite the fact that i am the only mod in my place i think i just maintained a good balance in my forum its neither too strict nor too full of trolls or spammers its a perfect place,
Leave a comment:
-
well getting doen to moderation there must be a balance neither it should become like a dictator rule or be allowed to become chaos so balance is most important from a practical point of view in the present time many people from around the world with different ages background social surrounding join up forums to speak up their mind its necesary to seprate the people who are speaking up their mind from trolls because trolls do this for fun but often people who are just serious discussers are often taken as trolls as they discuss things with passion somethimes agressively but they dont intent to troll just speak up their minds another thing is that many dont use english as their first language so its necessary that mods dont take a post that is not proper english as spamming because it could very well be a incapacity to self express clearly
and well as far i am concerned i keep a open mind moderation does not means blindly following rules and just banning anyone who goes one line off general forum rules actually mods are humans as well and with every human they too hav their own nature so each mod is different
well i dont go too hard on my members in the forum so far i have to ban only a few people so i am extremelt tolrant understanding and accepting person not like the mods you see around this place people fear them they dont talk any thing against them because they can ban them,
i dont prefer to be that way i want to be a friend to everyone in my forum that is i was speaking about not here,, and althoug there were some minute troubles in my forum despite the fact that i am the only mod in my place i think i just maintained a good balance in my forum its neither too strict nor too full of trolls or spammers its a perfect place,
Leave a comment:
-
Deleted say hello to ben thread. Was becoming "give abuse to ben thread" not nice or fair.
Leave a comment:
-
I had a dream that started out with me skiing down a slope with some college buddies. Things were relatively normal until one of my buddies said "Hey, watch out for snow sharks," and was promptly devoured by an enormous shark jumping out of the snow. I then had to maneuver through a swarm of snow sharks, who were then joined by snow squids and snow pirates on snow pirate ships. I was an expert skier in this dream and was able to maneuver past these obstacles, but then when I stopped at a hot dog shack for lunch a snow pirate ship blasted me to pieces with its cannon.
I "woke up" from the snow shark dream into another dream where I was on vacation in Las Vegas. I told my college buddies who were with me about the bizarre snow shark dream, and we all had a good chuckle, except for the guy who'd been eaten by a snow shark. We spend the day gambling in fast-forward (about sixteen hours of gambling was condensed down to a minute), and at the end of the day I went into the shower to have a pre-bedtime wank. However, the shower was in the hallway and was surrounded on four sides by curtains, and random people kept opening the curtains and generally making nuisances of themselves, so it took forever to finish the wank because I had to keep pausing to close the curtains. I finally gave up and went back to my room, and went back to sleep.
When I went to sleep I went back into the snow shark dream, except now there were ice meteors that were hitting the ground. One of the people in the dream said that we had to find some kind of magic talisman thingamabobber to get out of the snow shark world, so we all started skiing around in search of it. This time I skied off a cliff, but on my way down I was thinking "ah, this is no big deal, I'm just having a dream." When I hit bottom I woke back up to the vacationing in Vegas dream, except for some reason we were now camping in Utah.
I told my college buddies about how my dream had been a continuation of the last dream, and they were incredulous. I said "I'll prove it to you," and went back to sleep, except in the new dream there were the snow sharks and show squid and snow pirates and ice meteors, but there was also a big friggin snow whirlpool that we were all being sucked into. My college buddies were angry with me for taking them into a dream where we were all going to die, and began pelting me with snowballs. So I put on my jet pack and hovered over the snow whirlpool, pointing and laughing at the people who were about to be sucked into it. Then I woke up.
*****
I'm sure this has something to do with global warming
Leave a comment:
-
Better, but it wouldn't kill you to add a little stirring rhetoric, would it?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: