Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see these but if someone's a spambot we delete the posts as spam and ban the user, taking the option to delete all their posts and threads with them. This is trivial if someone has less than 50 posts, over 50 posts it's harder. So (sadly?) we can't delete most of you lot as spam.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      I didn't see these but if someone's a spambot we delete the posts as spam and ban the user, taking the option to delete all their posts and threads with them. This is trivial if someone has less than 50 posts, over 50 posts it's harder. So (sadly?) we can't delete most of you lot as spam.
      Such a lazy lot of mods
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• More like "very efficient" mods. A spam bot can be banned and all posts and threads he started deleted with a minimal fuss... removing the need to check all the other forums to see if there are tons of threads or just the one reported/found. It's a GREAT feature and very useful
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I was referring to deleting the rest of us as spam.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
            More like "very efficient" mods. A spam bot can be banned and all posts and threads he started deleted with a minimal fuss... removing the need to check all the other forums to see if there are tons of threads or just the one reported/found. It's a GREAT feature and very useful
            Problem is when people start replying to the spambot, or quoting them (and their links). For threads that the spambots start, it works great. For threads where the spambot replies with some crap, its a (little) bit more work.

Current spambot fetish is to post soemthing like:
            Thanks for your reply. Very informative.

with the actual advertising in the signature. Pain in the arse. Ban all new accounts from having urls in the signature is the best bet.
            a.k.a. ainwood, CFC Forums Co-Administrator
            Some Ainwood guy is so up his arse that if he ever had haemharroids (sp), he'd have to take the cream orally! What a total dick!

Comment

• Did Wezil and BK just get banned?
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• ben just posted something in the abortion thread not half an hour ago.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                  Did Wezil and BK just get banned?
                  Why do you ask?
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                    Did Wezil and BK just get banned?
                    Nope. The two of them stopped going at one another and I stopped caring. We're all one big, happy family.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Uh, I've been posting fairly steadily all morning.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend View Post
                        Problem is when people start replying to the spambot, or quoting them (and their links). For threads that the spambots start, it works great. For threads where the spambot replies with some crap, its a (little) bit more work.

Current spambot fetish is to post soemthing like:

with the actual advertising in the signature. Pain in the arse. Ban all new accounts from having urls in the signature is the best bet.
                        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• The 'serious' thread tag is absurd.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• So what? It's in good company.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                              The 'serious' thread tag is absurd.
                              Why's that?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Because no one pays any attention to but you.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X