Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my telletubby avatar was hunted because I remember winking at me from time to time. Either this or too many beers

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      No reason it couldn't have been both!

• I made a mental note to myself yesterday afternoon to try to find a display angle to any forum business I need to announce that seems likely to be controversial. -One such I made yesterday in the Smilies and Forum Graphics thread appears to have only been read by Astrologix in the last 24 hours.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
      Serb has repeatedly used hateful slurs and and has a long and storied history of flooding threads to an unacceptable degree with hateful invective. For this, he has been banned for three months.
      Is it worth it? I like civil discourse and like to see it incentivized, but by the time 3 months has gone by the context for volumes of discussion will be gone. We need to recruit more English fluent Russian apologists if this is the kind of consequences we can expect for rude name calling and hate.

Comment

• We need the entire spectrum of English-fluent Russians. Sober Russians are cool if they even like you enough to talk to you. I wonder what Onodera is up to these days.

If we shaved off 10-20% of the very trashiest posting, I don't see how this wouldn't be a better place to hang out. I like to whoop it up on the boards more than the next guy, if he's sober - but watching monkies flinging their poo got boring a decade ago. I was in a mature discussion of big-picture politics yesterday, which I wouldn't have bothered to speak up if a couple of certain someones were around...

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster Crabbe's Uncle View Post
          Sober Russians
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.

No pasarán

Comment

• Well ... Serb is our chance to watch a real Putinist in the wild.
              I, for my part, don't know any other specimens of this species.

If, hopefully, the war against Ukraina goes bad for Russia (despite the new general and the new offensive),
              we may also experience Serb raging and going into Tantrums .. at least, if he isn't banned at that time.
              I, for my part, would love to see such a thing
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I say we keep him around for a while...who else would provide those funny maps to us?
                Blah

Comment

• Serb is a decent guy. When people like dinner or pchang advocated that poor people should die (I have no problem if they think so as long as they try to enforce it in their own country and stay the f out of everyone elses'), serb was thoroughly infused with just communist ideas. the clear kind.

He does not of course condone the crimes that are being committed. He either refuses to believe them or is too drunk to care and just wants to f up the west.

neither of which is what serb is about.

It's sad that he has been engulfed in putin's propaganda. But I don't think he's the guy that would say ok to war crimes, when sober and if he knew them,

Onodera was "smarter" in the sense that he had the sense to see behind the veil. I actually took the side of serb once instead of onodera but that was for fun, noone expected the s storm that came about.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like a perfect description of lots of "decent guys" I know who were brainwashed by Fox News and others in the US, and would be perfectly content to see Trump installed as president-for-life, as long as it pwns the libs.

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                  Serb is a decent guy. When people like dinner or pchang advocated that poor people should die (I have no problem if they think so as long as they try to enforce it in their own country and stay the f out of everyone elses'), serb was thoroughly infused with just communist ideas. the clear kind.

He does not of course condone the crimes that are being committed. He either refuses to believe them or is too drunk to care and just wants to f up the west.

neither of which is what serb is about.

It's sad that he has been engulfed in putin's propaganda. But I don't think he's the guy that would say ok to war crimes, when sober and if he knew them,

Onodera was "smarter" in the sense that he had the sense to see behind the veil. I actually took the side of serb once instead of onodera but that was for fun, noone expected the s storm that came about.
                  Piss off. Serb is a piece of trash. The fact that he is a communist piece of trash doesn’t make him any better.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• A reminder that Ming prefers that we keep to moderation subjects in this thread - this is adjacent, but whether Serb's a good guy -he's not, but I rather enjoy him- is a definite drift.

No pasarán

Comment

• Please remember that if/when Serb is allowed to post on this site again,
                      he shouldn't be allowed to use the Fonts Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana, Tahoma and Helvetic

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster Crabbe's Uncle View Post
                        A reminder that Ming prefers that we keep to moderation subjects in this thread - this is adjacent, but whether Serb's a good guy -he's not, but I rather enjoy him- is a definite drift.
                        Sure but doesn't missing out on Serbs reaction to the sinking of the Moskva directly inform the decisions about the moderation? Maybe, Ming could offer him a medical pardon or something.

Comment

• Ming intends to shorten the ban somewhat.

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post

Piss off. Serb is a piece of trash. The fact that he is a communist piece of trash doesn’t make him any better.
                            You're a piece of trash,. The fact that you post drunk but not as drunk as serb and thus don't get banned means nothing.

What were the flemish nazi corps called again?

Comment

Working...
                            X