This place is a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This place is a mess

Did someone leave a door open during a storm?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

The tuber? I did some cleanup as it was in progress. Be bumping anything else -w/ substance- is my advice.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

BeCAUSE --- forums need moderation to do housekeeping and keep things from plummeting to the lowest common denominator. But the real power is with the membership. Make quality posts and drown out the immature/stupid crap, if you want a quality forum. If you care about a healthy On-Topic, make on topic posts.

Ming the Merciful believes in minimal moderation - it's a lot more complicated than just running off the rotten people. YOU need to do your part, thanks.

No pasarán

Comment

Back in my crazy days I would have already bumped threads, fixed this place, and sent MWHC home packing (I actually did once, that's how he knows me.) But that's just it, you have to understand the mind of a "criminal" to use a harsh term:

In MWHC's mind everybody should be getting stupid drunk, spamming threads, necro threads 10 years old, and posting nonsense spam every day. The wild wild west. What's the problem?
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Dunno - just, I'm doing my part, but making Poly great again is in the members' job description, not just mine. Let's all try a little harder.

No pasarán

Comment

Well this is some more philosophy for you but we are CHOOSING to have a stable forum with rational discussions/arguments, a Mod or 2 to clean up the filth, and everything working nice and neat.

MWHC CHOOSES to spam and flood with crap.

The universe itself has no side in the matter. Each is an aspect of chaos (order is actually chaos.) In fact I would argue that MWHC's style is actually what the laws of the universe supports. Mayhem. But that's just my opinion.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Well I'd do more about it if it was my call. PM Ming and complain if you'd like sanctions.

No pasarán

Comment

Perhaps we should not be too judgemental as we have all poasted idiotic drivel at some stage.

I admit that some of my poasts have been completely retarded.

Comment

• Egbert
                  Egbert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have never placed a drunken poast on Poly.

Originally posted by Buster Crabbe's Uncle View Post
                But the real power is with the membership. Make quality posts and drown out the immature/stupid crap, if you want a quality forum. If you care about a healthy On-Topic, make on topic posts.

...YOU need to do your part, thanks.
                Surely you weren't referring to me? Aside from the drunk spammers I have started more threads than anyone in the last couple months. I'm doing my part.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm pretty satisfied w/ your contributions, yes. It just made a good opening for addressing the crowd. There's no fixing this place if the people all wait for someone else to do something.

No pasarán

Comment

It is a futile effort though when they get shoved down several pages due to incoherent drunk posts and necro threads.

I get the lax moderation idea but that isn't really posting now is it?

Comment

Again, a judgment call like a short ban for that is beyond my purview when Ming is present and active - and a PM complaint to him should at least result in a strong warning. MWHC thinks I ain't got the balls or something; I certainly tried persuasion, always my first resort.

No pasarán

Comment

He clearly needs a thread to post his drunken comments in and I don't see a problem with that. I don't think he needs 20 of them.

Comment

I agree. One hopes Ming the Merciful will agree - mercy is not always the answer.

No pasarán

Comment

I see some people think this is the anti fun place...
                            If you have a problem with people posting in every thread, or have created some drunk post threads, or have bumped their old threads... Then do what has been suggested... post in threads YOU CARE about. Is everybody too lazy to go to page two to find the thread they are interested in?
                            Come on people... lighten up.
                            People come here to rant, have fun, vent, play around, waste some time and see their old buddies.
                            This isn't a police state, and yeah, I have a very tolerant view now. So should everybody else.

So kick back and just have some fun...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X