Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Asher
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Heh, as per your own words earlier, we look at actions not people.

    So lets say we have a racist here. Lets say they make a thread arguing that we should have intelligence tests to determine whether someone should be allowed to vote. He argues that white people would do better on those tests and he thinks that is the natural order of things.

    He is a racist. Should that person be banned?
    It's borderline, but no.

    On the other hand, if he says black people should not be allowed to vote because they are black...yes, they should be banned. That person would be a racist and should not be welcome here.

    And that is far more comparable to Ben's opinions, even if a bit more tame than his. Let's keep this honest, Ozzy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    And if you go on a rant about the first amendment, I'm going to smack you. This is a private site.

    Boy scouts can kick out gays, Apolyton can kick out homophobic bigots and racists.

    Leave a comment:


  • OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Asher View Post
    So you're saying if we had a bonafide raving racist here, you think that's fine?

    I think it's detrimental to the community.

    :shrug:

    Maybe you like racists and homophobes. I sure don't. I don't want them here. The longer they stay here, the more I think I need to leave.
    Heh, as per your own words earlier, we look at actions not people.

    So lets say we have a racist here. Lets say they make a thread arguing that we should have intelligence tests to determine whether someone should be allowed to vote. He argues that white people would do better on those tests and he thinks that is the natural order of things.

    He is a racist. Should that person be banned?

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    So you're saying if we had a bonafide raving racist here, you think that's fine?

    I think it's detrimental to the community.

    :shrug:

    Maybe you like racists and homophobes. I sure don't. I don't want them here. The longer they stay here, the more I think I need to leave. Racism should be a banable offense at most civilized websites, as should homophobic bigots. Why would anyone want to hang around those kinds of people?

    Leave a comment:


  • OzzyKP
    replied
    If we used that standard, i.e. "can't express opposition to a culture, group, belief, or life style" then everyone who bashes religion or says bigoted things about religion would also be banned.

    Having a view you disagree with isn't a bannable offense. Sorry. Telling someone they should die is an entirely different category.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    I've reported many posts by Ben which slander gays as a whole in a hateful manner, which is against the rules as I understand. If they are not, they should be. Racists should not be allowed to express their opinions here, neither should gay-hating bigots.

    Plomp has done nothing.

    His words are hollow, and you are gullible.

    Leave a comment:


  • OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    All rules apply the same to all members.
    If you believe that a rule has been violated, report the post or contact any of the mods in private.

    Ben has the right to have an anti-gay opinion as much as you guys have the right to have an anti-religion opinion. Nobody has ever been banned for posting that christians or roman catholics are stupid brainwashed people, or something like that.
    If someone posts that gay all should die or that a certain person should have been killed already, then he'll receive the same penalty.

    If I have missed posts like that, I am sorry.
    Please make me aware of them.
    Seems clear enough to me. I don't see what everyone's problem is. Perhaps read over this post by Robert again.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    Rule 2 is Serious Business

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    The first line (before the edit add ons - I type way slower than you )
    I can understand why they changed their mind, it would've been more proper for him to be a man about it instead of just ignoring me. Spineless.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Why didn't I get banned? Wasn't my "douchery" suffficient?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    The first line (before the edit add ons - I type way slower than you )

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    For which part?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Do you really wonder why Asher? I think it is obvious.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    All rules apply the same to all members.
    If you believe that a rule has been violated, report the post or contact any of the mods in private.
    I've done this many times and have received NOT ONE response for explanation about why his hate-mongering slander and bigotry is okay, when it is in clear violation of a number of site rules.

    Shape up, Plomp. I'm getting seriously annoyed and now that I'm about to have a lot more free time I'm considering making my own Civ5 site. Rest assured it'll blow the **** out of this one.

    I'm still not cool with you over the fact that you solicited my help, we started planning things, then you started ignoring me.

    You have a LOT to learn, and you're not learning or acting fast enough. Your defense of Ben here is just making things worse. The fact that you've banned people for essentially doing what Ben does 24/7 is simply outrageous.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X