This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Why would I apologize for deflecting when that's not what I was trying to do? I've apologized for presuming about what you thought about Ming.

I thought you were asking a sincere question, so I've been trying my best to answer it.
    No apology is requested for your failure.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Release the KRAKEN
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I fear that I'm going to have to hire a lawyer, case law makes my head hurt.

Comment

• i'm available; just send me your credit card details and we can get started.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• And for a mere 20% of the overall fee I can guarantee that cockney indeed does look after your best interests

Comment

• oversight is very important.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                And for a mere 20% of the overall fee I can guarantee that cockney indeed does look after your best interests
                You sure you have the time for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                  i'm available; just send me your credit card details and we can get started.
                  Already have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                    Cry Havoc and release the twins!

(But keep a leash handy please. )
                    Aeson, Trying to be politically correct and all inclusive leads to anarchy.

You know what to do. You must just have the will to do it.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• if I understand right there was a rule for like, two days? that said you couldn't post in a thread if you were in the OP's ignore list. If it's still there let it be known I oppose it, only because I long ago shoved some perfectly good posters in mine for no reason and haven't gotten around to curating it.

Comment

• It was a rule for maybe 12 hours.

Comment

• Miss a little, miss a lot.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                            Cry Havoc and release the twins!

(But keep a leash handy please. )
                            How are HC and Reg going to help the situation?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I implemented a no posting while wearing pants rule about 7 hours ago. It promptly started raining here and got a bit chilly, so that was the end of that social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                It's a good suggestion to have a public "case law". It's a lot of grey area right now ...

Though I worry about treating unmarked threads the same as [civil]. The idea is to try to have our cake and eat it too, with threads for those who want civil discussion, and threads for those who just want to let loose (within reason). If we do want to go that far, then there's no need for [civil] and instead we have the same rules for all threads.

If it ends up that most thread starters want [civil] then we could switch to using [flame] and have civil as the norm. At this point I would say we're at flame being the norm. Though I'm hopeful that will change.
                                No matter what you do, there will be people complaining.

This is the Poly OT.

May as well do nothing. Chill out and relax.

I hope that doesn't sound "defeatist".

May as well give up now rather than give up later. Saves time.

Comment

Working...
                                X