Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's seen Harry Potter?

there's like, not thread on this.

Reading some poster written reviews on imdb. They are either good or bad. I suspect the bad ones are loyalists to the book. I haven't read any of the books. So I'm asking if the movie can stand on its own. I made a similar thread in the imdb boards if you notice the same user name. I basically want to know if I should spin my hard earned money to watch this film. Keep in mind I'm a cheap bastard and only watch the best films. ie you won't catch me dead in Transformers.

Or am I too old to watch Harry Potter? Perhaps I should grow up and do adult things. But I still like sci fi and fantasy stuff. I guess I'll never grow up . But I'd rather have fun instead. Hermione is pretty hot too. And legal now. Not that I would ever look. I'm not supposed to look. I'm old, and only supposed to notice old women.

Comment

There's always Prof. McGarnigol or whatever her name is.

Or Madame Hooch, but I think she out of the series now. Not dead, just forgotten.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

In my experience, the aggregated reviews at rotten tomatoes is a good guide.

As Death Eaters wreak havoc in both Muggle and Wizard worlds, Hogwarts is no longer a safe haven for students. Though Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) suspects there are new dangers lurking within the castle walls, Dumbledore is more intent than ever on preparing the young wizard for the final battle with Voldemort. Meanwhile, teenage hormones run rampant through Hogwarts, presenting a different sort of danger. Love may be in the air, but tragedy looms, and Hogwarts may never be the same again.

It is at 84% positive, which means "worth seeing" in my experience.
        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I guess I could read the books. But I almost never read any more. If I do it's something short and non fiction (educational). Or this place...

Comment

Keep in mind I'm a cheap bastard

Do like us poor bastards do?

Comment

ya tomatos look pretty good. And I've always agreed with Ebert on many reviews. http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/907129996

I didn't even realize he was still reviewing. I thought he had health problems. Not that it takes much stamina to watch a moive. . As long as he's brain dead he should be able to watch and review a movie. edit: I meant isn't brain dead, but my original way looks funnier.

Comment

I should rewatch the old films as well. I kind of forgot what happened in them.

Comment

Don't really see the point of the hype.

Now the Hobbit is another matter entirely.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It is possible to like both series now.

Overall I like LOTR a bit better as it's a little more adult orientated. But Potter has enough seriousness in it for me to like it.

Comment

Dude...it's for kids....
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Emma Watson, now approved for adult consumption.

Comment

I really don't think she's hot (and I've got waaaaaay better pictures ).
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva View Post
                            I really don't think she's hot (and I've got waaaaaay better pictures ).
                            Not hot? Have you seen the size of her wallet?

Comment

Ok, since when is 'wallet' slang...???

Comment

Working...
                              X