So who's seen Harry Potter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already downloaded it.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by alva View Post
      Ok, since when is 'wallet' slang...???
      It's not slang. Betch is rich.

**** THE MAN, DOWN WITH CENSORS!

EMBRACE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
      Last edited by Space05us; July 18, 2009, 20:28. Reason: **** YOU

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva View Post
          Ok, since when is 'wallet' slang...???
          Slang for "Huge bank account".

She's rich.

I'd hit it. /Ted Striker
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I went into Tagbilaran last Friday via V-hire. V-hires have no particular schedule, so I got to the mall about 40 minutes after Harry Potter started. I did my banking, ate lunch and then went upstairs to the theater because they have a clock & I wondered what time it was. Turns out, Harry Potter was showing in two rooms. I arrived 25 minutes after it started in the second. I have some more stuff to do, so maybe I'll go back Monday and try again.

Comment

I miss Ted Striker and wish he'd come back.

Comment

Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like Harry Potter? The actors are poor, the stories are weak. is Harry Potter ever going to do some amazing stuff or what; everything is done with that stupid wand with some stupid word; that's not powerful magic. Real fantasy magic is done with the mind; Let's see Harry Potty do that.

As for Emma, she's a slut and attention whore. You can have her, she's tasteless.
                be free

Comment

The god damned Russian who handycamed the copy I downloaded apparently doesn't know what a focus lock is for because his cheap ass camera keeps going in and out of focus. Jesus Christ. If your camera is so cheap it doesn't have a focus lock then just turn the autofocus off and focus it to infinity and it will record off the screen just fine. Bloody stupid Russians.

Comment

And this damn Russian chick who keeps standing up in front of the camera is really pissing me off. Sure, the outline of her face and head looks kind of nice but not in the middle of my movie and what the hell is up with all that bushy hair all over the place? Don't Russians know what a hair brush is?

Comment

And the director mutilated the book. We're talking worse then Peter Jackson botched the Two Towers. ****ing hell. At least with the first three the director more or less stayed true to the story, yes he deleted some scenes, but he didn't radically change **** for no apparent reason, but now he's on his 6th one and it's a horrible, horrible mash up. The director needs to be shot for his crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
                        I guess I could read the books. But I almost never read any more. If I do it's something short and non fiction (educational). Or this place...

I heard this movie requires one to have read the book in order to know wtf is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          The god damned Russian who handycamed the copy I downloaded apparently doesn't know what a focus lock is for because his cheap ass camera keeps going in and out of focus. Jesus Christ. If your camera is so cheap it doesn't have a focus lock then just turn the autofocus off and focus it to infinity and it will record off the screen just fine. Bloody stupid Russians.
                          I hate the *******s that upload that **** to the internet. They are dishonest pirates clearly employed by the crown!

Comment

I guess I'll just have to wait for the Chinese mafia to release a copy. They're the ones who take the actual film and create DVD quality pirated copies. Yay China.

Comment

Usually you'll get the best quality from the Russians. However, only after the DVD release, which is what they use for copying. Occasionally, a studio screening version of a recent film will be leaked that is better quality than video recording in theaters.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                                I heard this movie requires one to have read the book in order to know wtf is going on.
                                Yeah, virtually all of the bridging material from the book was deleted as well as the background material. That's all well and good since no one wants to sit through a 10 hour movie but the director also took a bunch of stuff and switched the order around so that it makes little sense and doesn't match the book. You lose all of the richness of Rowling's story telling ability and most of the actual plot in the hodgepodge mash up which was created.

Yes, the special effects were cool but the story, which is the heart of any movie, was completely ****ed up by the hack director.

Comment

Working...
                                X