No announcement yet.

American civil war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slavery was an economic system - how can producers who include economics in an American Civil War strategy game, exclude slavery?

Not to mention that slavery and decision to make one of war's aim to end it, affected diplomacy - which is another feature in Forge of Freedom.
    So go make your own game.

"Mr. Fun's War of Northern Aggression"

* now with SLAVERY add-on.
    * play as one of 4 Confederate Generals: Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson, John Bell Hood, and JEB Stuart.
    * win the battle of Gettysburg
    * humiliate McLellan
    * assassinate President Lincoln

and more, much more.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 9, 2009, 20:40.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Slavery was an economic system - how can producers who include economics in an American Civil War strategy game, exclude slavery?
      I was refering more to your idea that liberating slaves should provide some tangeble war benefit to the Union. Black soldiers, while individually good soldiers on occasion, were negliable overall numbers wise. Feeding the liberated slave populations now seperated from their sustaining econmic system (as well as white occupied peoples) was a drain on the Union war effort, not a boon.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

You conveniently ignored my points on economics and diplomacy.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
        X