American civil war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American civil war

What would be a good American civil war game?
    I don't have one and I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks

You must mean "War Between The States".

I know that when one hears a phrase frequently enough, there's the tendency to adopt it into one's own speech pattern.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

good as a light fun game, historically accurate game, or interesting strategic game

sid meier's gettysburg

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        You must mean "War Between The States".

I know that when one hears a phrase frequently enough, there's the tendency to adopt it into one's own speech pattern.
        One must learn to speak the natives tongue to be understood.

Comment

Do any of the games out now on American Civil War include economic systems such, as, oh I don't know . . . .

Southern slavery?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Or employees owned by the company store?
            Last edited by SlowwHand; July 8, 2009, 18:25.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I used to love Sid Meier's Civil War back in the day but it would be horribly out dated now.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

that's because you're a racist
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm still looking for a good one.

Gettysburgh is interesting for a "real time" game. You learn to watch your flanks.

Civil War Generals 2 (Sierra) is old but probably still the best turn based version I've seen.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

War Between the States Generals just doesn't have the right ring to it.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think it sounds fine as frog hair.

Comment

Well I never know Mr. Fun had an interest in owning slaves.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

He's just in a different closet.

Comment

"American Civil War: From Sumter To Appomattox " was rather nice, I seem to recall, if a bit dry. The developer has released it as freeware, but quick Googling only yielded abandonwaresites, which might be prohibited here. So, Google it.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

didn't firaxis release anteitam as well? Never played any of them as they are real time

Comment

Working...
                              X