No announcement yet.

A view of Socialized Medicine from the other side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan has universal coverage with private health care suppliers where prices are all standardized as are the terms of every procedure but private providers still compete to offer the best service and to increase efficiency. The result is Japan has no waiting lists, has lots and lots of private providers (more per capita then the US), they get some of the best health care in the world, but they pay 1/2 to 1/3 what Americans do.

As a former healthcare consumer in Japan, I can tell you that their healthcare system sucks.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yes but you were upset that the doctor wouldn't tickle your prostate.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Doctor? He's upset the nurse wouldn't.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

In the Beniverse, girls can't become doctors and gays don't exist. It's like Ahmadi's ideal Iran.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

WTF are you talking about? Neither Oerdin nor Ben specified a gender for the hypothetical doctor and nurse who wouldn't tickle my prostate. You're just being a douche for no reason now.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Wow, I gave Ben a little **** after he said something odd. I'm a terrible person.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

But it is precious that you of all people would call someone a douche for trolling.
                -Bokonon

Comment

Casting nonsensical moral aspersions on other posters is a pretty piss-poor excuse for "trolling."
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

:sadnod:
                    Like I said, precious.
                    -Bokonon

Comment

It was a pretty stupid comment Ramo.

Comment

Meh, I won't defend it as particularly clever.
                        -Bokonon

Comment

It was intended to be a funny comment. People usually long for the nurses, not the doctors.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Now Ben doesn't think women are people

Comment

How'd this get into a sexist type thread?
                              "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                              "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Working...
                              X