• Show
Clear All

• He meant the Avro Arrow.
    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      Fine. Ferengi = Ashkenazi

But Bajoran = Sephardic
      Actually, I always viewed the Bajorans as Korean, and the Cardassians as Imperial Japan.
      B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        Let's wait until some guy finds out that in TOS episode 61275403646 teh Kirk said to Spock something about the past which isn't reflected correctly in the new movie.
        It's a sequel/prequel/reboot, actually. The genesis takes place 40 years after Nemesis, which then has the villain go back in time before the start of the original five-year mission, but because of the time travel, takes place in an alternate universe.
        B♭3

Comment

• They've already pulled the alternate dimension card in the first title of the reboot?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
            They've already pulled the alternate dimension card in the first title of the reboot?
            Yes, but because it's a reboot, they're not reverting it to the old timeline.
            B♭3

Comment

• It's a shame all of the characters don't have beards. That's the easiest way to tell apart the Evil Alt-Dimension Characters.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Classic View Post
                It's a sequel/prequel/reboot, actually. The genesis takes place 40 years after Nemesis, which then has the villain go back in time before the start of the original five-year mission, but because of the time travel, takes place in an alternate universe.
                Wait, seriously? Did they have to tie it in?

blech

Comment

• JJ Abrams...time travel? No way!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                    Wait, seriously? Did they have to tie it in?

blech
                    Actually, it works really well--and the tie in is only hinted at in the movie, it's explained further in the graphic novel that precedes the film.
                    B♭3

Comment

• I liked it.

Caveat: I watched TOS original episodes, and TOS remains my favorite Star Trek vehicle (barely, though).
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Great movie. The time travel idea turned out to be a good thing, as it freed the writers from having to worry about all the lame continuity that's built up over the years.

Spoiler:
                        Destroying Vulcan was ****ing cold-blooded. The geeks are going to be sooo pissed about that...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Let's wait until some guy finds out that in TOS episode 61275403646 teh Kirk said to Spock something about the past which isn't reflected correctly in the new movie.

The geeks can't do that anymore.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Classic View Post
                            Yes, but because it's a reboot, they're not reverting it to the old timeline.
                            Smart move, since they seriously screwed themselves over with Voyager and Enterprise.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by q classic View Post
                              actually, it works really well--and the tie in is only hinted at in the movie, it's explained further in the graphic novel that precedes the film.
                              . . .nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Post, edit thyself!
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X