Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest President of the United States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you touch a squirrel, I'm kicking your ass. Eat a potato and tighten your belt.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Davy Corckeet did it and he saved your stupid state issoff *****":

Comment

Just eat the squirrel's nuts.

Comment

Lincoln. He smashed the Confederacy.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I thought it was Sherman
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Exactly. Some clown happened to be the figurehead when his subordinates did the dirty work.
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I thought it was Grant.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Washington...founded something that has been great for mankind.

Comment

Washington.

Personally, I think Jefferson was overrated. Aside from the Louisiana Purchase (which WAS great), his economic policies and belief in an agrarian yeomanry were disastrous. Not to mention his attempts to remove the independence of the Judiciary (which was partially saved, interestingly enough, by his [at the time anti-Jefferson] Vice President, Aaron Burr)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Coolidge.

Why?

He ran for two terms, and left with a higher approval rating then when he started.

Jesus f*cking Christ-on-a-Crutch, is there anything -- anything, no matter how small or inconsequential -- you actually do know and/or won't lie about?

1) The ignorance: Coolidge ran for one term, in 1924.

2) The mendacity: There were no polls measuring presidential approval ratings when he left office in 1929; they were first conducted by George Gallup in the 1930s.

3) The only reasonable conclusion: If you really do have a history degree, both your alma mater and history majors everywhere should hang their heads in shame.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

IIRC his alma mater is some community college in rural BC.

Comment

I thought Ben was already on the record saying Reagan was the best POTUS.

My thought: William H. Harrison, for the obvious reason.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                            We tried to convince Hitler to go after the Welsh instead but he wouldn't listen.
                            Come on, be reasonable. The Nazis had ENIGMA. That doesn't mean they were even close to cracking the Welsh language.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Cincinatus
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Jesus f*cking Christ-on-a-Crutch, is there anything -- anything, no matter how small or inconsequential -- you actually do know and/or won't lie about?
                                Ten years in Washington is longer than any other man has had it—too long!"
                                While you are correct that he did not run again in 1928, it was by his own choice, not because he was unpopular or that the Republicans did not want to run him. That was the point. It's very rare that you have any american president who was more popular at the end rather then at the beginning, and especially one who had already served for 7 years, being asked to run for more then a decade. FDR, was one, as was Washington. That's about it, not even TR or Jefferson went that long.

Secondly, while the pollster did not appear, there are ways to gage popularity prior to Gallup. It's called historical research! Next thing you'll be telling me is that we have no way of knowing Good Queen Bess was popular among the people, because Gallup wasn't invented until the 30s!

3) The only reasonable conclusion: If you really do have a history degree, both your alma mater and history majors everywhere should hang their heads in shame.
                                As I've said to the numerous folks who have called me out, make your own damn history exam and I will write it within a time limit and without assistance or preparation. I'm tired of answering this question from you. Either put up or shut up.
                                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; April 28, 2009, 22:28.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X