Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General purpose advice thread for all matters female.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time she acts out, punch her in the cooter.

Comment

I think you probably gave off "friend" vibes with that sitting in front of your house talking without contact or an invite for a drink or coffee.
      The effect of the 'friend zone' is vastly overstated. Most people just use it as an excuse for why they can't get some chick.

Comment

As I said, it is not unrecoverable. You do have to make that leap from "I had fun hanging out" to "I am sexually interested in you and am confident enough to make it perfetly clear" at some point. Repeatedly failing to close means for all intents and purposes you really are just friends.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Also, we see each other every week on Saturday for a writing group (where we met), so there's no need to make sure we "keep in touch." I'm just trying to interact with her outside of the group.
          Is there a guy named Jesse in your writing group?

My former housemate, Jesse, is in a writing group in the area that he uses to try and pick up chicks.

Wonder if it is the same one?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            Is there a guy named Jesse in your writing group?
            My former housemate, Jesse, is in a writing group in the area that he uses to try and pick up chicks.

Wonder if it is the same one?
            Nope. No Jesse. Also, I'm not sure if writing groups are the best place to pick up chicks. Mine has two married women, one mid-forties single woman, and one recently single woman my age. She's the only attractive one of the bunch.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              I like how your first and second sentences are exactly the same length.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

AC:

loz, as others have said, there is a great danger in over thinking things like giggling on the phone. find a time that suits, ask her out, then go out and knob her. try not to think too much at this stage for heaven's sake.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

AC: The chick who doesn't disconnect is a keeper.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Dude, this chick is seriously into you.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Okay, so I've got a girl problem. Maybe you guys can help.

Right, so I'm pretty good at multiplayer games. There are some games that I don't put in the time or the effort into, so I am not up to my colleagues' levels, but there are a few that I'm pretty kick-ass at.

Some games are collaborative, like Rock Band etc. But some are not and they're competitive. And the ones that I keep winning at, my guy friends don't want to play anymore. These games include, in no particular order, Rise of Nations, the Street Fighter series, and the space flight sim games like X Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance.

What gives?

I've put in the practice and I'm fast and effective and I play hard. Guys play against me thinking they'll win, and when they don't they get pissed and they won't play against me. I can understand that people will hit a wall if they keep on losing and losing and losing - but it seems like guys have a much lower tolerance for getting beaten by a girl than they do by other guys. They'll play each other and the guy who's second place in these above games will keep beating them but they take it much better than when I win.

I like my guy friends and I don't want to get mad at them but it's really childish. Already on Rock Band nobody will go against me in a guitar duel, which is okay because we can play co-op. But RONTAP and XvT they will only play co-op ever, and in the case of XvT they flat out won't play me at all.

They still play me on FPSes though because I'm very mediocre at those (especially the new ones with the Halo-style recharging life bar) and they can get their jollies.

:/
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Dude, this chick is seriously into you.
                        *blink blink* And upon what do you base this assertion?

Comment

Are you teabagging them after you beat them?
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post

Right, so I'm pretty good at multiplayer games. There are some games that I don't put in the time or the effort into, so I am not up to my colleagues' levels, but there are a few that I'm pretty kick-ass at.

Some games are collaborative, like Rock Band etc. But some are not and they're competitive. And the ones that I keep winning at, my guy friends don't want to play anymore. These games include, in no particular order, Rise of Nations, the Street Fighter series, and the space flight sim games like X Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance.

What gives?

I've put in the practice and I'm fast and effective and I play hard. Guys play against me thinking they'll win, and when they don't they get pissed and they won't play against me. I can understand that people will hit a wall if they keep on losing and losing and losing - but it seems like guys have a much lower tolerance for getting beaten by a girl than they do by other guys. They'll play each other and the guy who's second place in these above games will keep beating them but they take it much better than when I win.

I like my guy friends and I don't want to get mad at them but it's really childish. Already on Rock Band nobody will go against me in a guitar duel, which is okay because we can play co-op. But RONTAP and XvT they will only play co-op ever, and in the case of XvT they flat out won't play me at all.

They still play me on FPSes though because I'm very mediocre at those (especially the new ones with the Halo-style recharging life bar) and they can get their jollies.

I love being beaten by a woman.

My advice is to get cooler friends.

Comment

Ali, you'll just have to play on-line until your friends grow up. You can only get better in defeat, but they don't seem to realise this in their macho idiocy.

It looks like you'll have to find new friends to play against, but still play co-op with your current mates. At least until they grow up.

Hell, you can kick my ass any time. Er, at Civ IV - which you know you should get. [/hypnotism]

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post

What gives?

Nobody wants to lose all the time. If they only want to play games with you where you suck, then they are losers. If they want to play games where you are close and competitive, that's good.
                                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                                X