Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General purpose advice thread for all matters female.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General purpose advice thread for all matters female.

We need one.

So I asked a girl out to see a play last week and strangely enough she showed up and everything. We had a good time but we didn't do anything other than see the play. Afterward we drove back to my house, stood outside for a few minutes talking - during this time I may have missed some nonverbal cues for physical contact - and then she drove home.

Last night I called her up to see if she wanted to get some dinner but she didn't answer her phone. She called back about an hour later - she'd just gotten out of class. She didn't want to get dinner, though, because she was tired, had school-related things to do when she got home, and it's a bit of a drive between my house and hers.

Nevertheless we talked for a few minutes about unrelated matters and she giggled nervously the entire time. Now wtf is up with that? How am I supposed to interpret that? Am I supposed to interpret that? Is it nothing at all and I'm thinking way too much? Should I stop asking for dating advice on a forum full of nerds? Should I not insult the social intelligence of the people from whom I'm seeking advice?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

The best for you would be to don't give a **** about that... you think too much about that.

Good luck

Edit: Not enough info to interpret anything
    bleh

Comment

don't interpret that
      tell her you would like to see her again and suggest a date further down the week. if she can't give her one opporunity to suggest a date, and if she doesn't know then say "that's cool, we'll keep in touch" and keep on with your life.

Comment

HAHAHA, yeah, don't bother overthinking this one.

But if we're just going to outright speculate......
        The nervous giggle is one of two things.
        It's a tell that she's interested in you or
        It's a tell that she's bat**** crazy.
        Nothing says it can't be both.

Further observation will be required.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have no problem with bat**** crazy.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Also, we see each other every week on Saturday for a writing group (where we met), so there's no need to make sure we "keep in touch." I'm just trying to interact with her outside of the group.

Comment

Why didn't you invite her for a drink after the play?
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Screw that, invite her over for hot sex. You always know where you stand with a girl after asking that question.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I would wait a couple days, than email her or call her. I actually think you should just do want you want to, and if she responds positively, good.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                    Why didn't you invite her for a drink after the play?
                    Who cares? I can't do anything about that now. I want advice on what to do next. If I were one to dwell on what I have and have not done, I'd constantly ***** about how my ****ing former bestfriend stopped me from living my life for six ****ing years and I'm only now recovering and moving on.

Comment

Yes, you're overthinking.
                      Yes, Poly is full of nerds.

But you're one of them.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I like how your first and second sentences are exactly the same length.

Comment

IM is an easy way of talking to her outside of the group without setting up a date and such. (Using the phone for a casual conversation is weird and awkward IMO. That's probably a generational thing.) Ask her to dinner again.

Comment

I also find the phone to be weird for casual conversation (unless I am already very close, and then I very much prefer other means). If younger people are getting away from it, that is great.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think you probably gave off "friend" vibes with that sitting in front of your house talking without contact or an invite for a drink or coffee.

Not unrecoverable.

Just ask her out again. I wouldn't take her not going to dinner with you the first time as a slight. I don't know about you, but many times I really am just busy and I bet she is too. Just like callbacks, if I don't get a positive response after three invites for a date over a couple weeks I just write them off. If someone can't find time over two weeks for a date then they obviously aren't interested.

BTW, you can always ask her when she is available for a movie or dinner as opposed to picking a specific day, that response is always more illuminationg.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X