Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General purpose advice thread for all matters female.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
    Start offering some sort of, err, consolation after you beat them. Pretty soon you'll have no problem getting opponents for any of those games.
    I expect after adopting these measures all her games will be fully staffed.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
      Okay, so I've got a girl problem. Maybe you guys can help.

Right, so I'm pretty good at multiplayer games. There are some games that I don't put in the time or the effort into, so I am not up to my colleagues' levels, but there are a few that I'm pretty kick-ass at.

Some games are collaborative, like Rock Band etc. But some are not and they're competitive. And the ones that I keep winning at, my guy friends don't want to play anymore. These games include, in no particular order, Rise of Nations, the Street Fighter series, and the space flight sim games like X Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance.

What gives?

I've put in the practice and I'm fast and effective and I play hard. Guys play against me thinking they'll win, and when they don't they get pissed and they won't play against me. I can understand that people will hit a wall if they keep on losing and losing and losing - but it seems like guys have a much lower tolerance for getting beaten by a girl than they do by other guys. They'll play each other and the guy who's second place in these above games will keep beating them but they take it much better than when I win.

I like my guy friends and I don't want to get mad at them but it's really childish. Already on Rock Band nobody will go against me in a guitar duel, which is okay because we can play co-op. But RONTAP and XvT they will only play co-op ever, and in the case of XvT they flat out won't play me at all.

They still play me on FPSes though because I'm very mediocre at those (especially the new ones with the Halo-style recharging life bar) and they can get their jollies.

:/

Kick them in the dingding, if they won't play with you.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

WILL I BANG THIS CHICK?

So I saw the girl again on Saturday and talked to her after our writing session. I asked her, "Hey, so, hypothetically speaking, if I were to ask you out to dinner again at some point, is there a possibility that you would actually say yes?"

And she said, "Definitely. I really was tired that night. But I'm not ready to date yet." She just broke up with her boyfriend of four and a half years about a month ago. "So I like you, but for now I just want to be friends, and maybe later..." here she mumbled and kind of stopped herself from saying more.

So I said, "Okay. Well, I like you, too. I think you're a really interesting person and what I'm really looking for is to spend more time with you and get to know you better." And she nodded her head approvingly to that. Then we talked for a few more minutes - I'm getting her hooked on BSG - and went out separate ways.

So. Will I bang this chick? Or is she just leading me along for the attention?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

"Hey, so, hypothetically speaking, if I were to ask you out to dinner again at some point, is there a possibility that you would actually say yes?"
          Please tell me it was worded differently

Comment

And the answer is yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
              Please tell me it was worded differently
              Nope. I figure it's impossible for me to completely escape my insecurities and social anxieties, so instead I indulge in them in humorous, self-deprecating ways. It works a surprising amount of the time.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I don't know, but I suddenly have a weird urge to buy Civ IV.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Good luck, Lorizael.

Now, until she's ready to commit, you'll just have to content yourself with the stalking bit. Sucks, but there's no helping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston View Post
                      Good luck, Lorizael.

Now, until she's ready to commit, you'll just have to content yourself with the stalking bit. Sucks, but there's no helping it.
                      Different girl. This chick's smarter and doesn't leave so much of herself online just waiting to be found.

Comment

I was just speaking in general terms, not referring to anything specific you might or might not have done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                          I don't know, but I suddenly have a weird urge to buy Civ IV.

You would simply love the diplo MP games of Civ4 we play. Its all about how you role play to put an "acceptable" context to you giving in to your dark and violent secret desires.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Er. Uh. What I meant to say was, I don't stalk women. Who would do that? That's creepy!

Comment

Gotta be honest, Lorizael, but here it is.

What's probably gonna happen is that, in a few weeks, or a month, you're going to find out that this girl slept with someone. Odds are, she'll write it off as a "mistake", or "she was drunk", or whatever.

Women who say that they don't want a relationship right now because they just got out of one, are basically saying "No".

That "No" doesn't mean that you can't - or more likely, couldn't have - slept with her. It just means that she isn't looking for what she assumes you are looking for. She thinks you're a nice guy, but she doesn't want to date you. She might have ****ed you, but you messed that up, even though you didn't necessarily do anything wrong. You didn't know her situation, but that isn't the point. Instead, someone who didn't know her situation, but who clearly (to her) just wanted to **** her, is going to be the one to get ****ed.

Fair? No. But that's often how it goes.

Moral? Stop trying to date women. Just go out to have a good time, and do what comes naturally.
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                Nope. I figure it's impossible for me to completely escape my insecurities and social anxieties, so instead I indulge in them in humorous, self-deprecating ways. It works a surprising amount of the time.
                                So. Will I bang this chick? Or is she just leading me along for the attention?

As they say, sometimes to ask the question is to know the answer.

Women aren't attracted to insecure males, except as enablers. She doesn't sound like one. Get a ego boost somewhere and try again.

It also depends on what you are broadcasting: looking for relationship, or sex?
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X