No announcement yet.

Suck it, Ben.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So your first two photos demonstrating the GAP putting up warning signs were warning signs put up by the University itself or put up by the Student Union itself.
    Yes sir. Seems clear to me you don't have a leg to stand on. People only saw the display, if they were bold and determined. I've shown you the gauntlet, which I thank you for posting, showing what people have to go through in order to see the signs.

Then you post a third picture of a generic sign,
    Yes, that's the one I was talking about. Generic simply because that's the one that they always have used with the display. As I said before, the original signs at Calgary were the ones brought from UBC.

with no possible way to determine where it was posted
    I'm not going to post the rest of the newsletter. Again, it would violate the rules of the site. You'll just have to accept the fact that there were warning signs.

(and I've never seen it before, guarantee it was not in Calgary).
    I have, and I guarantee you that it was. Why don't you just admit that they did put up warning signs, and the university decided to put up BIGGER ones that were more obvious?

Then when given an opportunity to prove it's from a reliable source, you reply with this garbage?
    Not everything is still available online, going back 5 years, and much of the stuff that is available is inappropriate to post here.

You've asked for a picture, and I provided one.

I could post 14 thousand pictures, and you still wouldn't be convinced.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Absolutely ****ing pathetic, Ben...

There were no warning signs. That's why you couldn't find any images of them, even while you claimed you had them.

The university and the students union erected its own warning signs due to an onslaught of complaints and because the Pro-Life group wouldn't put them up.

The university asked the Pro-Life group to turn the displays inwards to ensure only consenting people saw the images, but they wouldn't do that either.

It is very clear from their behaviour that the strategy was shock tactics -- it's why they didn't put up warning signs and it's why they didn't turn the displays inward.

End of discussion..
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Why would the university and the student unions need to put their own warning signs up if the GAP signs existed, Ben?
        1. They are much bigger, and they have the authority to rope off the display, which they did in 2006.

2. They can serve notice that they are trespassing.

I find it interesting that the same display protected by the charter in 2006, is now considered tresspassing, by the very signs that the university puts up.

The signs used by campus prolife are not as large, nor are they as obvious. The display is 3' by 6' and the warning signs are 1' by 1'.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          1. They are much bigger, and they have the authority to rope off the display, which they did in 2006.

2. They can serve notice that they are trespassing.

I find it interesting that the same display protected by the charter in 2006, is now considered tresspassing, by the very signs that the university puts up.

The signs used by campus prolife are not as large, nor are they as obvious. The display is 3' by 6' and the warning signs are 1' by 1'.
          You are referring to the signs that can be purchased. The UofC group did not use the signs at all.

Even the 1x1 signs are wholly inadequate, in any case. Not that they existed here...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Here's an image from Calgary in 2003, of a defaced sign, put up by the campus prolife.

I have a real problem with this as a warning sign. Nowhere does it say anything about possible disturbing graphic photos. It's more of a editorial incitement than a warning. Quite Lame.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There were no warning signs.
              Yes they were.

That's why you couldn't find any images of them, even while you claimed you had them.
              Did I say I couldn't find images of them? I said I couldn't find appropriate images (ie, close ups of the warning signs) other then the one I posted.

The university and the students union erected its own warning signs due to an onslaught of complaints and because the Pro-Life group wouldn't put them up.
              And I have evidence that they in fact put up signs. Not as large as the campus ones but still available.

The university asked the Pro-Life group to turn the displays inwards to ensure only consenting people saw the images, but they wouldn't do that either.
              Do they ask Falun gong to turn their signs inward? That is censorship pure and simple. They already have warning signs up, so why do they need to turn their signs inward.

It is very clear from their behaviour that the strategy was shock tactics -- it's why they didn't put up warning signs and it's why they didn't turn the displays inward.
              No, because they wanted to actually have people who wanted to see the signs, see the signs. Again, if they were opposed to signage, why didn't they take down the signs put up by the campus or complain about the warning signs? I don't see a single complaint from campus prolife about the warning signs. Clearly, campus prolife doesn't mind the university putting up whatever warning signs they feel necessary.

What they do object, and rightly so, is turning the signs inward. That is censorship and viewpoint discrimination. If they already have warning signs, then there shouldn't be an issue of turning the signs inward. The warning signs are sufficient.

Comment

• If you have evidence that the GAP group at the UofC put up their own warnings signs, YOU NEED TO SHARE THAT.

You keep saying you have it but you never post it. You are a liar, Ben. Everyone knows it. Just give up and **** off -- go join another site where people don't know you're a pathological liar.

Comment

• I have a real problem with this as a warning sign. Nowhere does it say anything about possible disturbing graphic photos. It's more of a editorial incitement than a warning. Quite Lame.
                  Then you and Asher should be happy that the university wanted better signs.

I think 'Abortion Genocide' signs are pretty clear that there are graphic images ahead.

I don't have an issue with the university putting up larger warning signs if they feel the 1' by 1' are insufficient.

Comment

• If you have evidence that the GAP group at the UofC put up their own warnings signs, YOU NEED TO SHARE THAT.
                    I have.

Just because you don't agree with the evidence presented, is your issue, not mine.

You've already said the GAP photos are doctored, etc.

I could post 14 thousand pictures, and you'd still claim that it DID NOT HAPPEN.

Clearly, you aren't of open mind to the truth.

Comment

Then you and Asher should be happy that the university wanted better signs.

I think 'Abortion Genocide' signs are pretty clear that there are graphic images ahead.

I don't have an issue with the university putting up larger warning signs if they feel the 1' by 1' are insufficient.
                      Actually to me this means that the intent of the group is not to really warn the people but to incite them. Which wouldn't surprise me.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just give up and **** off -- go join another site where people don't know you're a pathological liar.
                        And miss out on this?

Not in your life.

I find it amusing that you came back just to troll me. Tuberski hit the nail on the head.

Comment

• Actually to me this means that the intent of the group is not to really warn the people but to incite them. Which wouldn't surprise me.
                          The warnings are a courtesy. If you look at other protesters, they don't have warning signs up.

I'm of the mind, if you feel the warnings are insufficient, then you should put up your own warnings that you feel are sufficient. You cannot please everyone, I'm sure most folks would be happier with 1' 1' signs on the display, and 10' 10' warning signs.

Comment

The warnings are a courtesy
                            Interesting definition of 'courtesy'. Or at least, interesting implementation of it...
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Asher, could you change your avatar to say something like "Homophobes can suck my ****"? I think that would be fairly entertaining.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I'm of the mind, if you feel the warnings are insufficient, then you should put up your own warnings that you feel are sufficient. You cannot please everyone, I'm sure most folks would be happier with 1' 1' signs on the display, and 10' 10' warning signs.
                                Thanks for proving my point. This type of closed mind, (it's not our obligation to make a warning sign that actualy warns you of what you're about to see because we feel we have the right to show you whatever we want) If you don't like it, make your own sign.

More prove that you don't care about warning people because that detracts from the shock value.

But on the positive side, it's the militant (in your face) side of your crusade that has turned me from pro-life to pro-choice. So hurrah for you. I wonder if you turn more people against you or to you with this type of activities.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X