No announcement yet.

So the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send the car to the crusher, preferably while still occupied by the former roommate. Get a new car and a new roommate. If something this low on the logical pole happens again, assume the problem is you and find a practical mate as quick as you can.

Carrying wet garbage in a leaky bag inside your car sounds like a very bad, illogical idea. So I join the chorus in asking, why did you and your roommate put the garbage in the car?
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I'm guessing a really looooooooooong driveway.

Comment

It wasn't, and it was his idea. I always make sure that a bag isn't leaky before I do anything with it, but apparently he didn't. I don't like taking garbage bags in my car for any purposes. I will refuse in the future.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So you were off for a good night out flytipping?

Comment

I note that the question has still not been answered.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No, the trash was full and he wanted to take it out and we were going to go eat. He asked if we could take it in the car (which he has thought was a great idea, although I have been resistant) and I said OK.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                It wasn't, and it was his idea. I always make sure that a bag isn't leaky before I do anything with it, but apparently he didn't. I don't like taking garbage bags in my car for any purposes. I will refuse in the future.

JM
                JM gets a +2 for this pun.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  No, the trash was full and he wanted to take it out and we were going to go eat. He asked if we could take it in the car (which he has thought was a great idea, although I have been resistant) and I said OK.

JM
                  That does not answer the question Rah and I have.

Where I live in the apartment building, there is a chute that I can drop my trash bag down into a dumpster.

I never heard of a residence - apartment or house - where a disposal area for trash is not on location.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Thank you, I'm glad someone is paying attention. I live in a private residence and I have to take it to the end of the driveway which is over 100 feet but never considered using my car to get it therre.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

my father-in-law has to take his garbage directly to the town dump as there is no curbside pickup. perhaps mister miller is in a similar situation.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

my father-in-law has to take his garbage directly to the town dump as there is no curbside pickup. perhaps mister miller is in a similar situation.
                        That is what I assumed also, but then I'm one of those country hicks.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; February 2, 2009, 18:14.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

X-fear! also, did you delete the tags when you quoted me?
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

It is on the other side of the apartment complex. Yeah, not very far at all, but because I don't walk to work and I don't like taking trash in my car, my roommate normally ends up taking the trash out (he walks to work, the trash place is near to the entrance).

I keep a lot of junk in my car (papers, sometimes even clothes from trips, old drink bottles (generally of water, but sometimes juice)). My roommate actually didn't think there was a difference between that and the trash water!

I think he still doesn't know that I am really upset about this, but we are going to stop being roommates in 2 weeks so oh well.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Ben, you are right.

Jon, "the garbage is full" provides whole dimensions of information about your life. Either, 1) complain -- if you do not provide the holder, 2) get another can -- if it is on you, or 3)remember to take it to the curb on time -- if that is the issue. None of those options include carrying leaky garbage in an otherwise well kept car.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Apologies. You caught me as I usually do it manually with quote tags.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X