So the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the other day

my roommate wanted to take the trash out while we went out to eat supper. I wasn't really paying attention, but it ended up leaking trash juice all over the foot area on the passenger side and now my car smells a bit (it didn't when I just had junk + crumbs in it).

How do I clean it to fix this problem... I know bleach but what do I use to scrub it?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Your roommates scalp.
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I need more information.

What part of the experiment required the trash to be in your car?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        my roommate wanted to take the trash out while we went out to eat supper. I wasn't really paying attention, but it ended up leaking trash juice all over the foot area on the passenger side and now my car smells a bit (it didn't when I just had junk + crumbs in it).

How do I clean it to fix this problem... I know bleach but what do I use to scrub it?

JM
        Ammonia?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

First, clean all the loose garbage off the carpert.
          Get one of those cans of spray on carpet cleaner and spray liberally. Take a wet sponge and rub it in really good. Let it dry and then vacuum it. Repeat if needed.

It should all come out.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            Ammonia?
            Ammonia and Bleach
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You know that JM is one of those sciency types who is smart enough to not create poisonous chemical mixtures, right?

Jon, I suggest following Ming's suggestion... and don't use Bleach unless it's something that won't be bleached out itself (either a white upholstery or something that doesn't take bleach). Otherwise use something else, like carpet cleaner. There are some very good carpet cleaners out there that don't use bleach.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                You know that JM is one of those sciency types who is smart enough to not create poisonous chemical mixtures, right?
                Of course, it would be irresponsible of me to suggest that, if he wasn't. But I will add that I've found ammonia to be a much more effective cleaner than bleach, at least on hard surfaces.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Rip out the carpet and burn it, otherwise the smell might contaminate the whole car and you have to scrap it. And you don't want that, do you?
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    First, clean all the loose garbage off the carpert.
                    Get one of those cans of spray on carpet cleaner and spray liberally. Take a wet sponge and rub it in really good. Let it dry and then vacuum it. Repeat if needed.

It should all come out.
                    Thanks.

There isn't any loose garbage, just it was quite wet.

Spray on carpet cleaner sounds like a good idea. I was already thinking of the wet sponge.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Bleach is a bad idea. It will take the color out of your carpet.

IIRC, chlorine bleach + ammonia -> chlorine gas.

Carpet cleaner is the best idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post

IIRC, chlorine bleach + ammonia -> chlorine gas.
                        Well, at least he'll be unable to smell the garbage...
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Uh, why do you transport your garbage in your car?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'd like the answer to that question myself.

And just sell the car. Think Sienfeld episode.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                              Bah, he's a physicist. Physicists don't know nothing about chemicals.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X