Take that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
    I have to disagree about the Sierras. Specifically the western sierras.
    Yosemite NP is amazing.
    Wawona's Sequoia groves are awesome.
    King's Canyon and Sequoia NPs are both wonderful.

The eastern sierras are not very pretty - fairly barren.
    But from Mt. Whitney you can see Death Valley.
    I've been to all of the above. They're nice, but they're nothing.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

When you got the money, the looks, and the jobs...life's a *****.
      Big words from a TO carpetbagger.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Skiing in Colorado > Skiing in Canada >> Skiing in California

This is not something open to debate; it's a fact of nature.

Asher, in Canada, what's the best skiing for people who like variety (family, kids, so need harder and easier difficulty levels on the same mountain, and hate lift lines, but expect a nice resort with really good food and ski on-ski off or close to it)... ? We're thinking of going to Whistler or something similar next year, but I've heard so-so things about Whistler itself.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          I've been to all of the above. They're nice, but they're nothing.
          Right.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

That's just a picture of Big Bear lake in the summer time which is much lower on the mountain. The actual ski slopes are pretty good.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

The further north you go the more snow you get but still Kirkwood Mountain gets listed as one of the top ten ski resorts in North America all the time.

Comment

I've skiied in Colorado - superb.

Easier for me (and cheaper) to ski at Squaw Valley.
                Very nearly as good.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I'd hate that resort... nearly every run goes down to the bottom all in one place, meaning the good skiiers and the kids/crappy skiiers are all in the same lift lines, and all skiing the same area. Also, not enough ways down from any one lift (1-2 ways down from each lift, it looks like).

This is a good resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Big words from a TO carpetbagger.
                    4 more months in TO...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

Asher, in Canada, what's the best skiing for people who like variety (family, kids, so need harder and easier difficulty levels on the same mountain, and hate lift lines, but expect a nice resort with really good food and ski on-ski off or close to it)... ? We're thinking of going to Whistler or something similar next year, but I've heard so-so things about Whistler itself.
                      I'm not a skihill expert. I do question your claim about Colorado skiing, if only because I've been to Aspen and I'm pretty sure Aspen is native for "overrated".

Comment

Snowmass is better than Aspen, at least in my book, by a significant degree. The skiing in Snowmass is very good - relatively short lines, well managed resort (and lines), good food, lifts are well staggered so you're not skiing with mixed levels... Aspen is less interesting and way too busy, frankly.

Comment

Snoopie if you don't like Squaw Valley then near by Kirkwood has lots of runs to keep people separated by skill level. Plus Kirkwood gets 65-70 feet of snow each winter; who needs more snow then that?

Comment

What about Wolf Creek?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cliche as it may be, my favourite was still Lake Louise: http://www.skilouise.com/the-mountai...rail-maps.aspx

Castle Mountain has some spectacular vistas, but it's not for beginners and is pretty steep as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X