No announcement yet.

Take that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cold is what separates the men from the boys.

I went hiking the day I took those pictures. It was -25C without windchill, -35C with windchill. I wore t-shirt, a sweater, and on top of that a simple cloth spring jacket (along with a toque, scarf, gloves, and jeans + snow pants). Was perfectly fine.

You Texans need to man up.

It's also amazing to be out hiking for hours, then come back to the chalet by the frozen lake and look out at those views and sip a nice, hot coffee by the roaring fire.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think it's the same humidity, only cold, that makes it suck.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What's the same humidity?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

In winter as in summer. If there's moisture in the air, and a 40 mph wind, to me it sucks, or blows, given the wind.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Thankfully, humidity is a foreign concept to Alberta.

San Diego, on the other hand...

Comment

Yeah, but it never gets 20F and wind of 40 there. Playful was amazed. She had always been like "20? What are you whining about?", then she came here and found out.

Comment

20F is only -6C. That's seriously weak, Sloww.

Comment

Read up.

Comment

You're complaining about -6C with a 40mph wind?

Comment

I went hiking the day I took those pictures. It was -25C without windchill, -35C with windchill. I wore t-shirt, a sweater, and on top of that a simple cloth spring jacket (along with a toque, scarf, gloves, and jeans + snow pants). Was perfectly fine.

You had snowpants on and you are bragging about not being dressed for the weather?

I'd call that amply prepared.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

You had snowpants on and you are bragging about not being dressed for the weather?

I'd call that amply prepared.
                        You are really some ******.

I was dressed for the weather. Perfectly as I was. That's the point.

Lesser men would be cold with just that. Like you.

Comment

For the record, the snowpants were not because of the temperature, but to prevent my jeans from getting wet and thereby potentially becoming a problem. They weren't insulated, they were just a thin layer of waterproof material.

Comment

Is this what they wear in the spring these days Asher? I'd sure hate the climate in Toronto.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The EIU ranked 127 cities in terms of personal risk, infrastructure and the availability of goods and services
                              Personal risk is the factor that keeps american cities off the list which is kind of ridiculous since the areas that drive up the personal risks are areas that you would never go. If you take that factor out american cities usually rank quite high in infrastructure and the availability of goods and service.

When I was younger I'd have to agree on how spectacular some of that scenery is, but as I get older the warmth of places like San Diego would get the nod.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                It's cold. I want San Diego for the weather, or at least somewhere similar.

**** being called a "man", I hate the damned below freezing weather.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X