Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you solve is Israel-Palestinian issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you solve is Israel-Palestinian issue?

I would do the following

Since a palestina made of the West Bank and Gaza will never be a successful country (for the same reason Pakistan could not pre Bangaldesh independence)

Let the West Bank be an independent country, they look like they can be kind of successful at least as successful as Jordan. Give them (I mean, the USA give them) 1 billion dollars per year for "development"

Gaza is an overpopulated shanty town, it can never be a viable country, give it to Egypt, let Gaza be an egiptian harbour, and give Egypt some few billion dollars, for "development of Gaza" in return

Israel in exchange, should return the Golan heights to Syria and allow the UN or some international organization of islamic countries to control the mosques on the temple mount.

Well, that is it

How would you solve it?
    I need a foot massage

I'd solve it with a time machine.

At this point the only solution is the universal solvent.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Have the Israeli PM, the leader of Hamas, and the leader of Fatah spin the ultimate dreidel of fate.

Each leader gets markers that each represent 50 sq. kilometers of land they govern. Each leader will be given fixed amount markers in relation to all of the territory they rule.

Then it starts. If the dreidel lands on "none", the leader gets nothing. "Half" will mean the leader takes half of the markers. "All" will mean that the leader gets all of the markers. "Put in" will mean that the leader must put two markers in the pot. By the end of the game the entire future of Israel and Palestinian territories will have been fairly decided.

Comment

Population transfer is the only real solution. One side or the other will eventually achieve this as the result of a major war (not this little stuff we're watching now). Until then the broken record will continue.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Forced intermarriage.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Hmm interacial marriages in the US have solved all of our problems.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

coal liquefaction

Comment

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Ok, had to get that out of the way.

For real? I'm coming around to the idea that the "single state solution" is really the only one. Trouble is, it's still fantasy. At least for now.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

nuke from orbit is more likely. Can we use neutron bombs?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Why bother? The place is a ****hole. Plus, if you use real nukes, you wipe out all those troublesome "holy sites" and such, thus forcing people to come up with new and interesting justifications for killing one another.

edit: sorry, I'm being overly cynical today. Apologies to the residents of said "****hole." It beats Newark, I'm sure.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

cool, let's get the Russians in on it as well then.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'd invade Iran.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Dick, is that you?

-Arrian

Comment

This thread commits the fallacy of the complex question by assuming that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is, in fact, soluble. I believe Dave Barry once said that, millions of years from now, when some catastrophe has killed off the entire human race, there will be nothing left but microbes living in the middle east, but they will still hate each other.

EDIT: Found it. From "Dave Barry turns 50," the chapter "twenty-five things I have learned in fifty years"

They can hold all the peace talks they want, but there will never be peace in the Middle East. Billions of years from now, when Earth is hurtling towards the sun and there is nothing left alive on the planet except a few microorganisms, the microorganisms living in the Middle East will be bitter enemies.
                            Last edited by Elok; January 7, 2009, 18:05. Reason: Never you mind!
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

There already is a Palestianian state. It's called Jordan. Give Israel Gaza and the West bank. Recognition of the right of Israel by all the remaining Arab powers.

The next solution would be for Israel to do the same as they did to Egypt. Completely destroy them in a war, and then get peace in return for Israel returning all the remaining lands.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X