No announcement yet.

Russians stop gas shipments to Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now the Ukraine is on its way to being gang-b***ed. With EU observers along the pipeline, we can guarantee than not a single... fart? of our gas will stay there.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I don't know. The Ukraine had a deal which they honored but the problem is Russia wants to punish the Ukraine for not being Putin's ***** and letting Putin dictate everything to the Ukraine.
      That Russia would double its gas prices for Ukrainian customers was bound to happen sooner or later. In the end it's only logical that Ukraine pays as much as everyone else does. Furthermore, increasing the price now removes a future opportunity for the Russians to use gas prices as a leverage device when the **** actually matters a lot

It drives Ukraine even farther away from the Russian sphere of influence.
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        Right now the Ukraine is on its way to being gang-b***ed.
        You've just described most of Ukraine's history.

Comment

But Russia has been a kind and benevolent master. It's not like they liquidated the kulaks or anything. OH, WAIT!
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

IIRC in 2002 Russia made an agreement with Ukraine to sell gas at a fixed low price, but the time limit of that deal has expired so the Russians don't have to continue selling gas to Ukraine at below market prices. Russia sells gas at below market prices to some of the members of the Eurasian Economic Community, but the Ukraine decided not to join that organization, so why should Russia cut them a deal?

In any case the deal was made and gas shipments should have resumed today, but after the fact Ukraine added a declaration regarding Russia's allegations of gas theft and Russia's demand for a price increase. Ecidently the statement was something sort of to the effect of exonerating Ukraine from the allegations and releiving it of the price increase. Russia declared the agreement null and void. Ukraine insisted that the tacked on statement was "non-binding" and the EU representatives are absolutely livid.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Yeah, that was absurd. Now I read Ukraine agreed to the deal again without their additions. What a silly show.
              Blah

Comment

I think I'll return to prior post saying Ukraine is holding both Russia and the EU hostage. Except this time I'm not trying to be ironic.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Gas still isn't reaching Europe at this time. Russia turned on the gas but it's not reaching the export pipes. Ukraine said at first that the routes proposed for gas delivery by Russia were impeding the flow of gas, then they stated that they had re-routed the gas to allow the domestic delivery of gas. OTOH neither side is allowing EU monitors into the control rooms.

SNAFU.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The Ukranian govt are thieves, but this naturally doesn't stop the cold war blowhards from adopting their traditional knee-jerk positions.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                      Right now the Ukraine is on its way to being gang-b***ed.

What do you want to bet they find the Ukraine wasn't taking any extra gas and Putin just wanted to screw over the rebellious former satellite and drive oil/gas prices higher since they fell by 2/3rds? Let's face it Russia has very little to sell which the world wants other then raw materials and hydrocarbons make up most of the shabang.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                        The Ukranian govt are thieves, but this naturally doesn't stop the cold war blowhards from adopting their traditional knee-jerk positions.
                        Wow, so asking for proof of Russia's claims makes one a blowhard? I always thought that if one leveled an accusation they had to provide proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          Wow, so asking for proof of Russia's claims makes one a blowhard? I always thought that if one leveled an accusation they had to provide proof.
                          We had an office in Kiev, and closed it down. A bunch of ****ing crooks, the lot of them.
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

This is rather interesting. Few cases in a row already, when these former satellites have played dirty, blaming Russia when it seems like they had less to do with the mess than claimed. Not only that, but they've looked to at EU, as in "so what do you do now?". I think they do not realize that EU won't endanger its relations with Russia for weak play moves like these, because there's a bigger interest to be close than not. I think they are seriously underestimating this and overestimating their position.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Still no gas! This is really becoming stupid. It is one thing to try to get the best deal for oneself, it is another to do it at the expense of economic growth in the middle of a recession.

I'm writing this from a middle of a snowstorm. My place is warm because it is connected to a central city heating system (US guys should look that up, they don't have it in the US!). But hundreds of people here (Croatia) depend on gas.

Comment

And another thing: why do you people keep writing THE Ukraine, as far as I know it is just Ukraine without the THE.

Comment

Working...
                                X